Poll: what kind of mom do/did you have?

for example: my mom is one of those stuck up snobs, she puts on an act... now that I think of it I dont think I have ever seen her act like herself. she is always criticizing everyone, I am surprised I am confident in my self, all throughout my childhood, she would be like "dont eat that unless you want to look like him/her" *pointing at someone overweight* she has been doing that sense I was 5. She also used to make me wear these fluffy, fancy dresses, which I hated.

ugh, it makes me mad just thinking about it, I am really glad I moved out when I was 12 to live with my dad.

the weird thing is although she did all those things I still love her and I would die for her.

I mean I guess parents just do the best they know how right?

Favorite Answer

Supportive, I suppose.♥

My mom is a country down to earth mom who lives off the land and doesn't take or use more then she needs. God only knows how she gave birth to me.... I am a label whore... clothing and shoe nut case.... My mom put me in over-halls as a kid and I screamed for the flully fancy dresses. Even to this day- I have a tent to be extremely overdressed and wear evening dress to dinner. My mother has never owned anything new- infact wear most of my hand me downs which she thinks are too nice. I gave her some sweat suits from bloomingdales and she told me she doesn't go anywhere that fancy!!!???

I love my mom but I am so oppiste of her- sometimes I wonder if there was a mix up in the hospital but AH>>>> I look like her spitting image. My mother says that God will repay me and I'll have a child like myself but I told her- that won't bother me, having a child like HER would drive me up the wall. So I'll be trying to make my daughter wear fancy dress and she'll want to play football like my mother use to!! LOL

I couldn't ask for a better mom. There is none. She has her flaws. But that just shows me no one is perfect and I don't have to be either.

She's the kind of mom that the other kids would come over to steal cookies from. She knew to "hide" them so they felt like they were getting away with something. We had structure, rules, punishments that fit each kid (yes, our friends were punished too for doing stupid stuff). And we were also rewarded. She let us get away with stupid lies that were harmless (my HS was convinced I had a twin). She gave me funny comebacks when other kids where making fun of me (she told me to tell them I'm saucy instead of different). She knew when to give me my space to morn over an ex. She knew when to come in and say "get you @ss up, have some pie, and go to the park".

My dad wasn't around so she also did the father part of raising us too. To threaten a boy away (I'm thank full for that now) she told him she will get a dog and train it to only hunt him down.

She taught me the best lesson there is. It's not what life gives you. It's what you do with it.

My mom is the type who's basically a woman version of Tim "The Tool Man" Taylor. I love it! She drives a damn restored 69 Camero as her daily driver, it got the big 8 and the 4 speed, awsome, and she helped me restore a few aircooled Volkswagens, also awsome. My dad's the same way. It is simply awsome. She's a sculpter that sells her stuff on eBay for over $1K each. It's damnright awsome!

I have a awesome mom even though we argue and get mad we still have the best of times. We're like sisters seriously even strangers think that. Pretty funny huh? Sorry though. Maybe you just don't see it the way she does. But that's okay good luck!

My mother died giving birth to me, but my older brother (ten years older, i am 15 and he is 26) always tells me stories about her.

My brother was pretty much raised by nannies (as was i until we were both sent to boarding school when we were 8) as my mother traveled a lot with my father but when he was around my brother says she was amazing.

She was wonderful. I wish she were still here. She died at a time in my life when I was becoming an adult and I really could have used her advice. Even though it's been 20 since she passed, I still miss her and wish she could have seen and spent time with the wonderful grandchildren she has.

• well i think my moms cooler than my dad. i mean i live with my dad so maybe thats why i like my mom better but like my ad never does or buys anything for me. he doesnt even take me grocery shopping. he gives me some money & tell me to take the bus there even though he goes for himself like when im not home on the weekend lol. but my mom... like if i want something but im like a couple dollars ($20 probobly at the most) she will sometimes give it to me so i can get what i wanted lol. & like i think all the clothes i wear came from her because my dad doesnt usually spend anything on me lol. idk & i dont think my moms being anything but herself all the time which is usually cool. so y ai guess i have a cool mom.

• my mother was awesome, i was able to talk to her freely about anything, I had a great childhood with my parents and i am trying to do the same as my mother did with me with my kids...she died though very suddenly jan 2006 at only 64 years old and 5 days later, i had my 2nd child, a son who is now 3..I miss her and my son is missing out knowing a great nana that she was to my daughter and niece and nephew

Source(s): 36 yr old mama of 3 yr old son and 11 yr old daughter

although i do love her, she is constantly nagging. she inturupts me in the middle of my sentences to ask me a irrelevant question and seems like shes not paying attention when im trying to tell her something. shes really strict about what i watch and always comes in to see what im watching, she does not let me watch any sort of reality show or cartoon before bed time. if i ask for her advice and she tells me something i dont want to do, then she makes me feel guilty for not doing it and brings it up every chance she gets. ugh. gotta love her though.

my mams well getting on,she doesn't have any time for me,i cant talk,oh no,she might miss something,on the T.V,shes a bit deaf in one ear,i am not surprised sat that close,shes not even bothered what i ate,no wonder i am under weight,i cant cook,why did i have to have a mam like that,i am not kidding either,yous have no idea,she is still my mam,someone had to be,lol.