Anonymous asked in Politics & GovernmentImmigration · 1 decade ago

lost citizenship card?

I lost my citizenship card, what do i have to do?

5 Answers

  • Kiosk
    Lv 4
    1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

    There is no such thing as citizenship card if you mean you acquire "residency" in the States (only Certification of Naturalization for those who applied for citizenship). I can assume that what you mean is the permanent resident card or commonly known as green card. If you lost your green card, you must file I-90 to USCIS.

    More information can be found here,


    And download the form I-90 here,

    But judging from your previous questions and best answers history, you can also mean a Canadian citizenship card.

    If you have lost your Canadian Citizenship Card, you will want to replace it with a new citizenship card (also known as a Citizenship Certificate). If you are in Canada, you will need to fill out the Application for a Citizenship Certificate from Inside Canada. And if you are not in Canada, you need to fill out the Application for a Citizenship Certificate from Outside Canada. more info can be found using this link

  • 1 decade ago

    I am guessing that it is a PR card from Canada. If so, then here is the link.

    If you lost or had your PR Card stolen, you must contact Citizenship and Immigration Canada. Also, in both cases, it would be a good idea to report it to your local police authorities to ensure that no one who may come in possession of your card may use it.

  • 1 decade ago

    Apply for a replacement I imagine.

    Since there is more than one country that issues a citizenship card, I am not sure which country issued your card and therefore unable to offer specific advice on how to proceed.

  • 1 decade ago

    When i lost my permanent resident card, i do the whole process over again. But, to know for sure go the united states government website and find the immigration stuff. I had to go the dallas immigration building in dallas, because i'm from tx. And had to pay everything again. Good luck and have patients. :)

  • How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • Anonymous
    4 years ago

    at the beginning... you would be able to desire to call the section Police and record a rfile there. It for sure state on our Canadian CIC information that, in case you have been to lose a federal government issued information, you have been to record a police rfile. Then, ask the law enforcement officials on what to write down there. back, in case you lost your card, you would be able to desire to rfile it to the police and get a police rfile.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.