Melissa asked in HealthDiet & Fitness · 1 decade ago

Weight loss.... How quickly?

Okay. I am 5'5 136 lbs and I go between a size 9 and a size 3 depending on the brand and style. This is my plan.....

Right now I do:

Some stretches every night

100 crunches every night

5 mins cardio type stuff about 3 days a week

I want to start:

20 - 30 mins on an exercise bike 3-7 days a week

The Quick Loss Diet Spray w/Hoodia (at front counter @ wal mart)

eating more friuts veggies + nuts

Any More ideas?

How quickly should I see big results?

I want to go down to at least 120 pounds and an all around jean size of 3. But mostly I want to 'tone' because I'm floppy + bulgy + UGLY!!!!

PLEASE HELP!!!!

Thank you! =)

Favorite Answer

loosing weight quickly = gaining weight back again quickly. you need to just take it easy and loose bit by bit what the rush. it sounds like you have low self esteem leading to an exercise and eating problem you need counselling. bulges aren't that bad a bit of weight looks good on people plus if you get sick a bit of weight will help you fight your health problem.

I am a nurse and I want to start out by saying that you probably shouldn't use the hoodia a lot of times products like that can have very serious adverse reactions. I would recommend to keep doing the cardio, and if you want to tone do some strength training, and modifying your diet...not saying that you actually have to start a "diet" but just eating healthy. And as far as how quickly you will see results just depends on your body...some people can lose weight fairly quickly and others it takes longer. I hope I have helped.

You definitely should not starve yourself while on a diet because you will only be slowing down your metabolism. You need to eat at least 1200 calories per day.I’ve been on this diet now and I have lost 17 pounds in less than a month. Basically I have been following The Biggest Loser Diet and it has been amazing. I have realized that now I can eat more [quantity wise] of healthy foods than I could of processed, junkie foods. Now I am almost never as hungry as I once was. First, I started cutting out all sodas, sugary soft drinks, and juices and instead I started drinking anywhere between 64-80 ounces of water each and every day. Drinking your water ice cold helps you to not give in to your cravings. Instead of snacking on junk foods try snacking on fruits and vegetables. Fruits can take the place of sweets that you would have been craving before. You should also make sure to watch your portion size because you could be eating the right foods but just too much of it. A great weigh to burn calories quick and get in shape is to do some sort of cardio activity for at least 30 minutes everyday. Personally I would recommend 45 minutes to 1 hour of cardio per day. Another great way to lose weight that will also help you tone up is to start a strength training program. Essentially you should be following through with your strength training program 3-4 days per week.

Here’s an example of what I eat every day;

Breakfast: 1 cup of cream of wheat [you can spice it up with bananas, fruits, spices, etc.]

Snack: 1 cup of grapes

Lunch: Half of a ham/turkey [protein] sandwich on whole-wheat bread

Carrots with a tiny bit of ranch dressing to dip it in.

1 cup Cantaloupe

Snack: ½ cup cottage cheese with mandarin oranges

Dinner: Chicken fajitas on Whole-Wheat tortillas

Dessert: Low-calorie ice-cream bars such as the “Skinny Cow” brand ice cream bars.

Hope this helps you (:

pick up a 5 or 10 pound weight at the gym and visualize that weight coming off holding the weight in your hands helps bring home just how heavy even 5 pounds of extra fat can be

the mix of cardio and toning five times a week will keep metabolism humming

resistance bands are a comfortable and affordable at home exercise option for strength straining

Sleeping will effect your blody weight so get enough sleep to looss your weight

think ahead to how youll eat and exercise on the weekends its easy to get too relaxed on saturdays and sundays but healthy living is a 7 day a week endeavor

drink 8 cups of water a day

distracted dining will get you in trouble avoid eating in front of a television or in a movie theater as you re bound to consume more calories