cash on a food stamp card?

I know some have cash on them?

but how?

because theres a different card for child support, and unemployment.?

what else goes on food stamp card?

Update:

I know theres the fs part on the ebt card. which is food stamps.

then theres the adca (or whatever its called) and that has cash on it.

5 Answers

Relevance
  • Desi
    Lv 7
    1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

It's an EBT, (electronic benefits transfer,) card. Some are for food only, (some welfare recipients receive cash benefits as well.) For those who have accounts, it works like any other debit card. Money is placed in your account monthly, when you use the card at the grocery store your receipt will show the balance in your account. Each state has a website regarding their EBT programs, what type of card you have depends on what benefits you qualify for.

Examples...http://www.gettingfoodstamps.org/ebtcard.htm

http://www.ebtproject.ca.gov/

• Erika
    Lv 4
    4 years ago

Patch, I have a 30 guy component that paintings the food market parking a lot, distinct those computer units do is arrest foodstuff Stamp card holders for finding out to purchase severe end cuts of pork, pork, and Sea foodstuff and take reported product out into the lot, and promote it to human beings waiting for them to succeed in this. They push this off for pennies on the dollar. so that they ought to purchase tobacco, booze etc. This component nets 15 an afternoon for this. What takes position to those scum suckers is almost not some thing. The Feds play slap and tickle with them, reduce them off for an afternoon or 2, Then the grotesque cycle starts all throughout back. we received't get a huge sufficient criminal hit on them to take them down for 3 hundred and sixty 5 days or extra. So that is one hell of a cat and mouse sport,

• tada
    Lv 4
    1 decade ago

There is an 800 number you can call and check the balance, it should be on the card but that can vary state to state

• Chuck
    Lv 7
    1 decade ago

what else goes on food stamp card?

Nothing. Only a set amount for the use of purchasing food.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • dfresh
    Lv 5
    1 decade ago

in california it is mostly given to mothers - it has to do with welfare being put on the ebt card i think

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.