Can biking improve running? Can it improve soccer/football?

I'm getting into Soccer/Football again. Can biking improve running and soccer/football skills? I'm a big fan of long distance biking and from personal experience, the more I improve biking the easier I improve running. Does it help like it seems to?

Also will biking improve soccer/football kicking strength?

Favorite Answer

Biking does help with running. It strengthens your legs and it uses some of the same muscles that you use when you`re running. Many of the top sports players bike a lot because its easier to go long distances and it helps with speed and gets your fitness up.

Check out 90Strong.com Its got everything you need. Developed by those that work with US Soccer, MLS, NCAA Division 1 programs.

• Martha

well if u want to run faster you will have to exercise everyday at least 20 minutes like any exercise and when you are thin and healthy you can run that way you will have stamina and you will be able to run faster

it definately strengthens your leg muscles, if it seems to work, than sure, go for it...please answer mine?

http://answers.yahoo.com/question/index;_ylt=AsUwe...

Source(s): me :)

thats one of my main workouts for my training.