abh816 asked in Beauty & StyleHair · 1 decade ago

How long do human hair wigs last?

If I wore it every day and took really good care of it? I wouldn't wear it all day long. Between 5 - 10 hours a day.

And can you tell if it's a wig?

My hair is damaged beyond repair. I have broken hairs all the way up to my scalp, and it's really oily around my crown and REALLY dry in the longer part. I don't want to shell out $700 or more if it's going to look fake or last me less than 2 years.

Favorite Answer

With good care human hair wigs can last for years. Sometimes human or synthetic wigs can look obvious if there's a lot of hair and there's artificial parts on them. I usually use half-wigs (they're also called "falls" "3/4 pieces") to make my hair look more realistic, by putting the half wig way behind my hairline and blending my real hair over the wig. I've had versatile hairstyles with half wigs from ponytails, wearing them half up and down etc. The hair color of your real hair and texture has to match perfectly for these half wigs. Prices vary on human hair half wigs. I have bought mine from Chinese hair stores and from www.ebay.com. I usually pay no more than $50.00 for most of my half wigs.

There's also lace wigs that can be a hit or miss. Some of these wigs look very realistic as if hair is growing from your scalp, but if these are not glued/taped down, has too much hair, and has weird hairlines made they can look obviously fake. These can cost $200 and more.

Try not too worry if your hair will look fake or not to other people. If you're happy with your new wig, that should be all that matters.

Generally, synthetic hair wigs can last over 1 year if you don’t wear wigs every day and take good care. Lace front wigs can last longer, as the hairs were all needled to lace by hand. Of course, 100% human hair wigs can go over 3 years. In a word, the more attention you pay, the longer time the wig lasts!

A good quality human hair wig can last a few years if properly cared for and not worn every day. If you have two or three human hair wigs and rotate them every week or so you will get the most life out of them.

Long Real Hair Wigs

norally with good care, wig last about more than one year

long hair all the way! i just posted a question about my hair also. i thought concerning getting it trimmed but everyone is telling me no

Typically, Real hair. hope i help you, the hair expert