Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Society & CultureReligion & Spirituality · 1 decade ago

Help!!! I think I have commited blasphemy against the holy spirit! I am christion! HELP!! feeling very scared!?

I sometimes think of weird thing in my head without me wanting to. Thoughts just pop up in my head! I think I have a brain problem, im only 14. And I am christion. I had on of those thoughts earlyer today, a thought of saying blasphimy to the holy spirit popped up in my head, without me wanting it to and it stood in my head for like 1 sec. only, but as soon as it came i said go away leave me alone, and it keeps coming back its like a flashback, have i commited the sin of blasfimy? PLEASE HELP!!! I hope i didnt!!!!!!! HELP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I feel like killing myself!!!!!!!!!!! help!!!!!!

God bless!!!

PLEASE!

Thank you everyone! especialy bobby!

Godd bless all of you!

Best Answer

Blasphemy against the Holy Spirit is WILLFULLY degrading things relating to God, so relax. Continue to bind the devil in the name of Jesus... those thoughts will stop.

First of all, no, there is no way you blasphemed God. How do I know this? Because of your heart. I can tell you care, you love God. You told that thought to go away and that's the right thing to do. Just because a thought comes to you, doesn't mean you're embracing that thought. You did the exact right thing. You told it to go away. Keep doing that. It's like when someone knocks on your door. You can't control whether they come to your house, but you can say I'm not going to let you in.You might not be able to control when a thought comes to you, but you can control whether you dwell on that thought.

The other thing you can do that will help is to fill your mind with good thoughts. I know how you feel because I was like you once. The Bible says to think on these things: things that are good and noble. Things like love - such as how much God loved you - that he would die for you. You don't have to die because you feel bad. Jesus died for you so you wouldn't have to pay for your own sins. He already died for them. Now you are free from any punishment of any sin.

When the Bible talks about blaspheming the Holy Spirit, what it's talking about is rejecting Jesus. That's the only sin that will keep you from God, but it's not a thought or even a doubt. It's complete hatred and rejection of the sacrifice that God gave. It's completely walking away from someone who loves you and put it all out there for you to just accept and say thank you. You don't have to do anything else.

He gave you a gift, and I believe you accepted it. I can tell by your heart - your concern and just your love and hope in your heart. So keep focusing on the good thoughts - the love of God. Here is a link to help you.

• keeven

The sin against the Holy Spirit reported interior the Bible is the rejection of God's forgiveness. the only sin it particularly is unforgivable is refusing to be forgiven. You sound such as you're particularly sorry, and want that forgiveness, and desperately prefer to bypass on. it truly is particularly truly undemanding. in basic terms bypass refer to a Catholic priest. He can provide you God's forgiveness, and then, all achieved! it particularly is that straightforward, and you will sense plenty extra desirable afterwards, and that they save confidentiality no rely what.

Relax!!! NO, you have not committed blasphemy. That is when you have sinned so long and know it's wrong but keep doing it, that your heart gets hardened to God and you don't care about Him anymore or care if you sin. You have NOT done that. Stop feeling guilty, ask God to help you and relax!

when Jesus said that whoever blasphemes against the holy spirit will not be forgiven is that you blaspheme against the Holy spirit When He is asking to enter into your heart and you refuse to recieve him. hence you dont have the sacrifice of Jesus to allow you to enter into heaven. RELAX.... your feelings and fears of what happened is from satan, hes trying to scare and confuse you.and it seems to me, doing a good job. You have accepted Jesus in your heart and life, so you havent blasphemed against the Holy Spirit.

Jesus is good, He is in your heart, and He loves you. and you Have been forgiven.

Peace and God Bless you.

This fear of committing the unpardonable sin,is common in Christendom and is based on a text in the book of Matthew 12:30-32(Jesus,is responding to those who knowingly ascribed a work of the Holy Spirit to Satan,in order to discredit the message of God,through His Son...

That being said..If one has actually blasphemed against the Holy Spirit,this person would be incapable of responding to the grace of God,as his/her conscience would be seared beyond any hope of repentance of sin and ultimate redemption...You are not guilty of blasphemy,you are trapping and testing yourself in a cyclical mind game,based in curiosity and fear...Ask God,for peace and forgiveness and forget about the incident...If it continues to happen,don't allow the fear of impending judgment to fuel the continuance of further inappropriate thoughts...Read my post over and over,until you understand...

• Jan P

2 things. First read Bobby's post.

2nd. If you think you might have, you haven't! (Usually once someone reaches that point(of blaspheming the Holy Spirit), they aren't interested in being forgiven.)

you cant control your thoughts, only your actions...remember GOD knows everything which means he knows that you had this thought and that your confused and dont mean it. Pray to GOD, ask for forgiveness and whenever bad things pop into your head, just have a quick pep talk with him and you'll be ok

The thought came from a demonic devilish spirit that is seeking to destroy you before God's will for you life can be fulfilled.

Blaspheming the Holy Spirit as described by the Lord Jesus was when learned religious leaders attributed the power of the Spirit at work In the Lord Jesus' ministry to the Devil even though they knew better.

They were willfully rejecting God's revelation of saving truth regarding the Lord Jesus and serving Satan by claiming that it was of the Devil. They had hardened their hearts and were consciously working against God's saving work and refusing to be saved by that work.

Having a thought pop into your head happens to everyone. It has well been said in regards to sinful thoughts that you can't stop a bird from flying over your head but you can for sure stop him from landing in your hair and making a nest there.

Don't let the voice of the accuser of the brethren have a place in your thought life. Instead remember what God has said.

Romans 8:28 And we know that all things work together for good to those who love God, to those who are the called according to His purpose. 29 For whom He foreknew, He also predestined to be conformed to the image of His Son, that He might be the firstborn among many brethren. 30 Moreover whom He predestined, these He also called; whom He called, these He also justified; and whom He justified, these He also glorified. 31 What then shall we say to these things? If God is for us, who can be against us? 32 He who did not spare His own Son, but delivered Him up for us all, how shall He not with Him also freely give us all things?

33 Who shall bring a charge against God's elect? It is God who justifies. 34 Who is he who condemns? It is Christ who died, and furthermore is also risen, who is even at the right hand of God, who also makes intercession for us. 35 Who shall separate us from the love of Christ? Shall tribulation, or distress, or persecution, or famine, or nakedness, or peril, or sword? 36 As it is written:

"FOR YOUR SAKE WE ARE KILLED ALL DAY LONG; WE ARE ACCOUNTED AS SHEEP FOR THE SLAUGHTER."

37 Yet in all these things we are more than conquerors through Him who loved us. 38 For I am persuaded that neither death nor life, nor angels nor principalities nor powers, nor things present nor things to come, 39 nor height nor depth, nor any other created thing, shall be able to separate us from the love of God which is in Christ Jesus our Lord.

See, this is what religion does to some people.

Chill out. An all-loving God won't damn you for sporadic thoughts that you don't want. This isn't Ingsoc in 1984.