Why did President George HW Bush pay Osama bin Laden $10 million to overthrow Pakistani PM Bhutto in 1990?

MR. GREGORY: Where is Osama bin Laden? MR. ZARDARI: You all have been there for eight years, you tell me. You lost him in Tora Bora, I didn't. I was in prison. In fact, my wife warned America about Osama bin Laden in '89. She rung up senior Bush and asked, asked of him, "Are you destabilizing... show more MR. GREGORY: Where is Osama bin Laden?

MR. ZARDARI: You all have been there for eight years, you tell me. You lost him in Tora Bora, I didn't. I was in prison. In fact, my wife warned America about Osama bin Laden in '89. She rung up senior Bush and asked, asked of him, "Are you destabilizing my government?" Because he paid the then opposition $10 million to do--overthrow the first woman elected in Islamic country. So we knew that he was your operator.

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/30658135/page/2/
Update: Shandra: The link is to the "Meet the Press" transcript on NBC from yesterday.

If they were just a bunch of liars, MTP wouldn't be the longest running show on television because no politician would waste their time with it.
Update 2: Does anyone on here even know who Prime Minister Zardari is?