Anonymous
Anonymous asked in HealthDiseases & ConditionsCancer · 1 decade ago

have you ever had cervical cancer?

if so what were your initial symptoms

• Lily L
    Favorite Answer

It actually depends on who you ask whether or not I had cancer. I was diagnosed with cervical adenocarcinoma in situ. My gynecologist told me I was having surgery "to prevent me from getting cancer," but adenocarcinoma in situ is also known as Stage 0 cancer according to ACOG (American College of Obstetricians and Gynecologists).

It's basically cancer cells, but they are not yet invasive. Regardless of whether or not it's cancer, the recommended treatment for adenocarcinoma in situ is hysterectomy. I didn't have that, which basically means I get to go in every 3 months for some really FUN follow up.

Anyway, I did actually have symptoms, but I didn't put it together that they were symptoms until after I was diagnosed. Mainly, when having sex, I would feel pain in certain positions, and then afterward I would have bad cramps for several minutes. The funny thing is, I knew that this was from my partner hitting my cervix, but I just thought it was normal! You see, I only started having sex about a year before that. I was inexperienced enough that I didn't realize that should not have been happening.

Since having surgery I haven't ahd this pain at all, and it is SO NICE to not have it.

The other main symptom of cervical cancer is irregular bleeding or bleeding after sex, but I didn't have that.

Best get yourself to get a pap smear! It will reveal all!

*******************************************

I would also like to point out that these symptoms can also be symptoms of precancerous changes on your cervix. Precancerous changes are treated quite easily!

• Ginger

There usually aren't any unless you have a bleeding polyp. A pap test will be evaluated and determine the diagnosis.

Source(s): Had polyp