Why does Matt Drudge distort the truth about Obama's "reaction" to Sykes' joke?

The picture he used wasn't in response to the joke about Limbaugh's kidney failure. What's wrong with a little truth - a little fair and balanced reporting.

Favorite Answer

Exactly- Matt Drudge posted a Reuters picture of President Obama at the White House Correspondents' Association dinner on May 9 in a context that suggested that Obama had laughed after comedian Wanda Sykes said of Rush Limbaugh: "I hope his kidneys fail." The picture of Obama pointing, presumably at Sykes, and smiling was placed directly above a link saying: "President Laughs at Wanda Sykes Joke about Rush Limbaugh: 'I Hope His Kidneys Fail'..." However, the video that Drudge linked to, which was a C-SPAN clip of Sykes' line about Limbaugh posted on BreitbartTV.com, does not show Obama ever pointing at Sykes. In fact, after reviewing C-SPAN's video of the speech, only one instance of Obama pointing at Sykes was found: after she made a joke about Obama possibly giving the pope "a Bluetooth" as a gift.

What does Sykes' jokes might desire to do with Obama? some human beings objected to Sykes' jokes. some did no longer. what's your factor? sure, you're incorrect. Sykes is a comedian. in case you do in comparison to her, do no longer watch her. the place replaced into all this suitable wing outrage while the wingnuts have been asserting they was hoping Ted Kennedy might die? while they have been telling jokes approximately his maximum cancers?

The Drudge Report is right leaning. It's kind of refreshing, actually. As long as you understand that it's slanted a bit.

--I'm seriously cracking up listing to people bash conservatives for slanted news coverage. It's the Drudge Report's one page against every major newspaper and media outlet in the nation, save maybe the wall-street journal and fox news.

Source(s): Drudge used to be a conservative talk show host.

Matt Drudge broke one big story long ago and now he thinks he can say whatever he wants and everyone will take it as the God's truth without fact checking him. He's an idiot and as far as I can tell, wouldn't know the truth anymore if it bit him on the butt.

Ok so wait a second, I'm confused. Do you want the truth? OR Do you want fair and balanced against ABC, CBS, NBC, CNN, MSNBC, PBS, NPR, (what's left of ) Air America?

It seems like it is pretty easy for you to spot a bias to the right.

• Shane

Because he learned everything he knows about journalism by watching MSNBC and NBC news.

Seriously, you didn't post a link to the video, which makes me question your statement.

See for yourself folks: http://www.breitbart.tv/html/336173.html

Okay, I watched the video and Lord Obambi did laugh at that joke. You should just delete your misleading question now, or just give me the best answer!

Glenn goes to Washington

http://www.glennbeck.com/content/articles/article/...

I just watched the video and he did laugh at the kidney failing "joke", not to mention he thought the previous joke about Rush being the 20th hijacker was hysterical as well. It seems to me its not Drudges facts are mixed up.

dailykos had a picture of liberman going down on pres. bush while cheney had his hands on bush's shoulders. photo shopped. it is what comedians do. and obama did laugh, i have heard it on t.v. from people that were there.

Not sure what he said, but Obama was clearly uncomfortable with some of what she said. He looked like he wished his water glass was a vodka glass.

Drudge is a slime-bag who steals his "news". Besides, Limbaugh is a drug addict media whore.