Mel V asked in HealthDiet & Fitness · 1 decade ago

What are some really good books on nutrition?

Favorite Answer

500 health and nutrition questions answered

An answerbook to all those questions about trivial and serious medical conditions.

Patrick Holford

Piatkus Books Limited,

Price: Rs. 441

Patrick Holford is one of Britain’s leading authorities on nutrition. In this absorbing book, he answers 500 of the most frequent questions, explaining how to deal nutritionally with everything from common colds to more serious medical conditions. He also gives helpful advice on many of those funny little complaints you’d never dream of taking to your doctor: ‘I can’t get going in the morning without a coffee. What’s the remedy?’ ‘Is there a natural cure for a hangover?’ ‘I’ve got arthritis. Is there an alternative to painkillers?’ I’ve got a high cholesterol level. How can I lower it?’ ‘My memory is getting worse. Can I reverse this?’

Author Profile: Patrick Holford has a psychology degree and is one of Britains leading nutrition authors and frequently appears on radio and television. He writes a regular column in London’s daily Metro paper, and many of the questions appearing in this book first appeared in this popular column. His books include the best selling Optimum Nutrition Bible, Optimum Nutrition for the Mind, 6 Weeks to Superhealth, the Optimum Nutrition series of handbooks and The H Factor. He is founder of the Institute for Optimum Nutrition, an independent centre for the research and practice of nutrition. He also directs The Mental Health Project in the UK.