Any info on UFC fighter Forrest Griffin? He's my all time favorite in UFC & MMA.But can't find any recent news?

Forrest Griffin is my favorite MMA,UFC fighter.He use to be in the lime-light all the time,always something going on with him.But it seem's like the past year or so he's fading off.I realize they've gotta give newcomer's front seat attention.But shoot,what about the good old one's?I hear he's got a fight on Aug.8th,but haven't heard anything else on him in quite a while.Anyone out there know what his status is now-a-days?

Favorite Answer

WELL he is my all time favorite fighter and i am pretty up beat on whats going on with him. he won his LHW title last year via decision. beating rampage jackson .he hurt his fist in his fight with rashad where he lost his title via tko to strikes. he has since got surgery on it , he got pins and plates put in it. and then got a bad case of staph infection which he was fighting off with strong anti biotics. but he is all healed and healthy now and is training at extreme couture gym for his fight with anderson silva at ufc 101 in philadelphia in august. anderson is moving up to 205 to challenge him. warrrrr forrest.

Source(s): my knowledge of the sport

GSP! The guy has heart, discipline, and all the talent! Not to mention how respectful he is. Hard not to like the guy. I think him not being an American is the only thing that causes some people not to like him as much or sometimes root against him. Which in my humble opinion is a ridiculous reason not to be a fan of someone. Ether way if I had to make a top 5 of most popular fighters it would be: 1) GSP 2) Couture 3) Lesnor 4) Liddell 5) Griffin Personally like Chuck and Forrest more than Brock but as far as popularity goes Lesnor's got it and with the belt I think would pull off bigger shows.

Forrest injured his hand in his fight with Rashad last December. He had surgery and it is healed. He is returning to action on August 8th in Philly against Anderson Silva (current MW champ and someone Dana has said is the best pound-for-pound fighter in the world). The fight will be at 205lbs (Forrest's weight class).

Actually, he became LHW champion last year when he beat Rampage then lost it to Rashad Evans last december. It was a tough loss for him since it was his first defense but I think he just made a mistake cause I had him winning both rounds before Rashad caught him and knocked him out. Anyway,he's fighting Anderson Silva next at 205 lbs.

I usually check mmaweekly.com, yahoosports or sherdog for mma news.

Source(s): my memory

His next fight (perhaps in August, as you said) is against the middleweight champ Anderson Silva (fight at light heavyweight).

Past year or so? He lost the title in December.

U think Forrest is good. Get a load of this guy: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fedor_Emelianenko

• Paul J

Human cockfighting is undeserving of coverage. It appeals only to a few folks who crave blood.

He is my Fav too, Hope he KILLS the SPIDER!!!!!!!!!