How much should I charge for Babysitting through the whole summer?

I think about $200 a week, cause summer camp cpst like $300.

Favorite Answer

Are you babysitting full time all summer? Then I would charge $125-$150 a week. Summer Camp that keeps the kids overnight may charge $300 a week but here all day "day camps" from 7am-6pm with 2 snacks and field trips every other day charge $130, you want to be competitive but you are also giving the child/children individual attention so I would say $140 as a compromise. And take those kids out and do something fun with them!!

Source(s): Mom of 2

There's a number of factors you need to look at before setting a fee.

How many children and what are their ages?

How often will you be there? Are you babysitting or being a nanny?

How much will it cost you to travel back and forth? Etc.

Last summer, I watched two kids, ages 3 and 4 from 9 to 5 Mon-Fri. I charge $200 because I knew the parents could afford it, and the parents provided me with a weekly amount for activities such as the zoo, etc. This allowed the kids to go do things that cost small amounts of money and it didn't cost me anything. My activity account was $50 a week. They also should have everything you need to cook readily available. I made a grocery list every Friday and everything was always ready to go on Monday.

I'd also suggest basing your amount on the family. If you know they're having a difficult time, have a lower rate. If they're doing fine, and you know they don't mind spending some, then a higher amount will do.

Just don't outprice yourself and make sure you're worth the money.

I would say $150 because people really need to save money sometimes and summer camp does so much more.