Any advice on how to get a wal-mart dept. manager job?

I am 21 and I have worked at wal-mart a little over a year. I started with wal-mart as an unloader from may-august. I was one of three unloaders who didn't get fired. I went to meats as a sales associate in august. I am still there. The meat dept. mgr job came open and I applied and interveiwed but didn't... show more I am 21 and I have worked at wal-mart a little over a year. I started with wal-mart as an unloader from may-august. I was one of three unloaders who didn't get fired. I went to meats as a sales associate in august. I am still there. The meat dept. mgr job came open and I applied and interveiwed but didn't get it. I have experieance with the dept. and know how to do alot of its duties. They gave it to a guy on overnights, who had no telzon expeirance and has not been there very long. I was told by my assistant mgr and store mgr, that I was doing a good job. The assistant said he wanted to help me work on my weaknesses and help me succeed. A few people said that I would get it, and they were shocked that I did not. What should I do?
1 answer 1