Leukemia questions. im very scared plz help...?

Okay. I recently went to the doctor because i was getting a lot of headaches. he ordered me to get some blood work done to see if it was my theyroid or anything else that could cause headaches. when my bloodwork came back my White blood cell count was extremly high... im not sure about numbers and all that buttt he said that a normal count was like a 10.0 something and lower for all the other white cells. mine was like a 67.0 something and higher on all the other white cells as well. (tmi) i have recently gotten a piercing. where i bled ALOT. about a week/ week in a half prior to the blood work. Could this be a reason my white cells where that HIGH??? or no??? anyway, he basically told me hes almost 99percent sure i have leukemia. now i have an apt with the hemotoligist on the 13th for further testing and such. the only symptoms i have are the headaches and majoorrrrr fatigue... and a bit of muscle acheinesss... and night sweat. i was wondering what the most common leukemia would be for a 21 year old female?? and which is the best one to have if your gonna have leukemia??? serious answers please!! i appreciate it!! ;)

Favorite Answer

Leukemia takes lives of children and adults every day but at the same time, there are many survivors that are in remission and doing very well. The most common cancer for children and young people is leukemia, and the most common type of leukemia is called either Acute Lymphocytic Leukemia, or Acute Lymphoblastic Leukemia (ALL). How well a patient does depends on so many different factors including age, cell counts, what type and subtype of leukemia he or she has, the will to fight, and so many other factors.

My son E was diagnosed with a Wilms' Tumour as a newborn, won his battle, and was recently diagnosed with Secondary Acute Myelogenous Leukemia (AML). AML is related to ALL but is still quite different. His cancer is most likely a secondary cancer caused by the chemotherapy his first time when he fought Wilms. E somehow passed his screenings he has every 3 months back in October but in the end of November we started to notice he wasn't quite himself, and he was diagnosed December 19th.

There are lots of symptoms of leukemia but each individual is different. Some display some symptoms while others display other ones. There's no actual tumour as in other cancers but leukemia is a cancer of the cells that create blood cells. E had a cold in November that he just couldn't kick. We took him to the doctor and he was given an antibiotic. He got a little better but as soon as he finished the antibiotic he got sick again. He usually has a couple bruises here and there since he is a 2 year old. His walking was greatly affected from one of the drugs in his first chemo cocktail so he trips and falls pretty often. But the bruising he had was more than usual - he bruised at the slightest bump. That's when we really knew something was wrong and took him to the doctor again. Once he was diagnosed we found out that his spleen and liver were enlarged - also symptoms of leukemia. Due to the extent of enlargement of his spleen, he had it removed after a round of chemotherapy. So far he has had 3 strong doses of chemo and 1 consolidation round, and currently on his 2nd consolidation round and he's labeled as being in remission! He still has 3-5 rounds of consolidation chemo left just to make sure all of the cancerous cells are gone.

A leukemia diagnosis is absolutely not a death sentence. It's treatable but you have to keep in mind that it does take lives. I know many children and adults that have gone on to live completely normal lives after getting their No Evidence of Disease (NED) status. Sometimes a patient does relapse but it is absolutely possible that he or she can reach remission and eventually NED status.

I hope this helped you out some. If you have any more questions feel free to email me (crazycanuckj@yahoo.ca) or IM me (crazycanuckj).

Source(s): My 2 year old son is a warrior who beat a Wilms' Tumour and is currently battling Secondary Acute Myelogenous Leukemia. http://www.caringbridge.com/visit/warrioreli

Hi,

Pl. check your symptoms.

The symptoms in chronic forms of leukaemia may not appear for a long time and the person may be able to lead a normal life. However, acute leukaemia presents with symptoms like:

Fatigue associated with anaemia due to the lowered number of cells which carry oxygen

Paleness of the face

Continuous low grade fever

Bleeding from gums or nose due to decrease in the number of platelets

Vulnerability to infection due to lowered immunity

Appearance of small red marks or petechiae (blood clots in the skin)

Abnormal menstruation in women

Unexpected loss of weight with loss of appetite

Yeah, you're probably in simple terms relatively small, this is effective. you're probably relatively petite, so it is common. try using the Junior narrow tampons by skill of Playtex or OB tampons. Junior slims are made extra small for youthful youngsters, and OB does not comprise an applicator so as that they are undemanding to handle. I promise that no longer something is erroneous with you...your physique continues to be growing to be and you're nonetheless dealing with puberty, so do no longer rigidity approximately it. i did no longer initiate donning tampons till i became a junior in severe college using comparable concern, yet those Junior Slims are the suitable style to apply good now. once you become older and your physique matures extra you would be waiting to apply the typical style without a concern. As for the intercourse stuff, yeah, that form of stuff will injury the 1st few circumstances...it did for me, too. back, that is not something to rigidity approximately. EDIT: As for swimming, attempt to apply a tampon (between those I cautioned) and in case you nonetheless don't sense gentle, particular, the suitable ingredient to do is get your mom to place in writing a be conscious for you.