What was the last book you read that you enjoyed?

Whether for school or for pleasure, what was the last book that you read that you honestly enjoyed. What was it and what made it so great?

You clearly know a lot about my life, Hoosier Daddy. What did I eat for breakfast this morning?

Favorite Answer

The last book that I read and truly was happy with when I read the last page was probably Unwind by Neal Shusterman. Shusterman handled a really controversial issue so very well, and his ending really left nothing to be desired. It had wonderful closure, but still left things up to the imagination. It was a book that I set down and just said, "wow, that was amazing" I would recommend it to anyone.

Here's a quick summary:

When the government outlaws terminating pregnancies, they come up with a new solution to this problem. Children between 13 and 17 can be "unwound," where their body parts will be donated to those in need. This story is about three kids who are trying to fight the society that would "unwind" them.

The Last Olympian by Rick Riordan

If you love action, adventure, romance, and friendship, this is the perfect book. It's a series:

1. The Lightning Thief

2. The Sea of Monsters

3. The Titan's Curse

4. The Battle of the Labyrinth

5. The Last Olympian

The series is Percy Jackson and the Olympians. AWESOME books. Love it as much as Harry Potter and Twilight.

Source(s): I love to read!

I love reading- when I was little I didn't want to read, but then I'd do it anyway and then get so caught up in it. I love reading now. I finished a book a few hours ago. The Clocks, by Agatha Christie. Loved it.

Currently reading actually, The Land of Elyon by Patrick Carman.

I'm on the third book, and wow it is amazing!!

What I love about it is just the whole new world the reader is taken into and just the over all creativity of the author; it's just outstanding!!

And what I love even more is the main character. She's not your typical young heroin. Her intelligence is way beyond her age..and I could go on. Overall (considering I still have books 3-5) it's an amazing book!

• Britt

The Alchemist's Daughter by Katherine McMahon.

I read this about two weeks ago just as a way to relax before I had to start studying for finals and wasn't expecting to really enjoy it because I'd started it before and lost interest, but I ended up reading the entire book that day because it was really interesting. I'm not sure what was so good about it, but I loved it.

I am readint the Sookie Stackhouse series by Charlaine Harris. I like them because they are pure fiction...I can get lost in the books and forget about life for awhile. But I don't enjoy them as much as I did The House of Night series, which I really liked and couldn't put down. I liked them for the same general reason: It's fiction, fun, and didn't make me think too much. I am not one to enjoy reading scary or depressing books!

Evernight by Claudia Gray.

It's a book about vampires. The main character, Bianca, falls in love with this handsome guy, Lucas. She finds out that she's a vampire, and he finds out as well, but he doesn't care. then Bianca learns something that threatens her life and her love for Lucas. Really good. It was very suspenseful and it was a complete page-turner.

Source(s): I read it after my friend recommended it to me.

I've Amaranth Enchantment by Amanda Marrone. It was great because each chapter set another problem until they all were finally solved unexpectedly. The Host by Stephenie Meyer was the same.

• Maria

The Book Thief by Markus Zusak

The way the whole story is written is so adept and thoughtful. I thought it was really cool that the narrator was Death, and that we not only learn more about the book thief, but Death also. If you haven't read it, I recommend it!

• A

Confessions by Kate Brian