Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Arts & HumanitiesBooks & Authors · 1 decade ago

Any good teen (young adult) books?

ok so im looking for a good book to read. any young adult, teen book would be good. i was wondering if any of u guys read any really good books lately. i like romance, fiction, adventure, all those books. anything good?

p.s.: dont say the twilight series i already read them all and fell in love w/ them!

• Anika
    Best Answer

Haha who hasn't read Twilight already?

But I think you should read these books that have inspired and delighted me with meaning and also entertainment. I don't just want to copy down a bunch of teen books from a website. I'd rather give you my opinion too.

The Private Series (If you loved Twilight, your going to love this book!)

Kira Kira (Sometimes I take a break from romance and read books like this which is sad yet meaningful.)

Thousand Splendind Suns (THE BEST BOOK EVER!!! I think it's sad yet meaningful and makes you feel grateful of all our rights us women have these days)

The Kite Runner (It is also by the same author of Thousand Splendid Suns by Khaled Hosseini, and this book will make you look at the world a different way)

So B. It (You probably read this but even though it's sad, you'll cherish each moment and page until the book ends)

Lucky T (Now this book has some love, comedy, nonsense, and of course love. I've read this book almost 3 years ago and I still love it)

The Luxe series (This book is about love and scandals where you'll be reading like crazy. This also happens in New York in 1899 so you might be getting a bit of some history too)

Well I hoped that Helps =)

Good Luck ^^

• The Hunger Games is totally epic. Definately read it!

Also:

the House Of Night series by P.C Cast

the Private series by Kate Brian

Generation Dead - Daniel Waters

Guantanamo Boy - Anna Perera

those are some great books i've read recently. If you liked twilight you'll love the House of Night books. Give them a try!

Hope I helped :)

Try the Maximum Ride series, the Percy Jackson and the Olympians series, and Hunger Games.

The first book in Maximum Ride is called the Angel Experiment.

The first book in Percy Jackson and the Olympians is The Lightning Thief.

and Hunger Games is Hunger Games. It would have been perfectly fine to end it with one book, i think, but a sequel is coming out this year. I guess i'm glad it's not ending immediately though.

The Maximum Ride series hasn't ended yet, but i haven't read the latest book of Percy Jackson(came out May 5) which would be book 5(i think) so i'm not entirely sure if that's over or not.

Anyways, they're really good sets of books. :D Give them a try

Ooo... have you read Harry Potter? Most books by Amelia Atwater-Rhodes are good, too. Philip Pullman's His Dark Materials is an amazing trilogy. The Inheritance Cycle by Christopher Paolini is an excellently written series. Cornelia Funke writes great fantasy books.

I hope that helps. There are a million more interesting books out there, but these are my favorites. :D

Happy reading!

Harry Potter is an awesome series, most definitely worth the read. It's a combination of all genres, really, which is why it's so amazing.

I've also heard the Hunger Games is really great, even though I have never personally read it. Stephanie Meyer mentioned the Hunger Games as one of her favorite books in an interview, if that helps.

I don't know if you read manga...*

but if you do I recommend the Fruits Basket series- it's the kind of romance your sure to fall in love with.

*manga is japanese comics. they are at lots of chain bookstores, like borders. just if you didn't know, lol.

• V

Holes by Louis Sachar

The Host by Stephanie Meyer

The Uglies by Scott Westerfeld

Vampire Academy by Richelle Mead

The Truth About Forever by Sarah Dessen

Teen idol by Meg Cabot, The house of Night series by Kirsten and P.C Cast or maybe Nightworld by L.J Smith. If you like witches i would suggest the Magic in Manhattan series by Sarah Mlynowski. anthor romance is Reincarnation by Suzanne Weyn

Meg Cabot writes lots of good young adult fiction books, I have read lots of her books, they are very interesting. My favourite series by her is the Princess Diaries.

Romance : To Catch A Pirate - By Jade Parker - A very good book, one of favorites!

Perfect Chemeistry : By Simone Elkeles - Awesome book!

Audrey Wait! - by Robin Benway - very funny !

Princess Diaries by Meg Cabot are really good, I would recommend starting from the first one or you will get confused as to what's going on later. I also love the Mates, Dates series, but not sure who they're by.

Source(s): I never stop reading