Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Society & CultureReligion & Spirituality · 1 decade ago

Atheists: When was the last time you attended a very good Bible teaching Church to help you understand God?

Someone has confused your mind with their opinions and spurious theories about God. God is real. God exists, and he is coming back again as foretold in the Holy Bible. God is the Creator of Heaven and Earth.

You need to attend a very good Bible teaching Church that will help you to understand God, his words, and also discover God's plan for your life.

You don't want to waste your life in atheism. It's time that you come out of this false system of lies.

Read Psalm 14:1

Isaiah 45:18

Hebrews 11:1-6

Have faith today in God.

Romans 10:9,17.

Favorite Answer

8 years a Baptist

8 years a Congregationalist

8 years a Mormon

5 years of Bible study

• Allen

It sounds like you loaded the question from the get go.

A) You ask when the last time we attended a 'very good' bible teaching church.

How does one quantify a good bible teaching church?

Does it convert more people?

Does it make more people cry?

Do the members feel touched (in naught ways) by the lord?

I could point out that I was a 16 year Mormon and did lots of bible study in church, as well as seminary before school in high school, but you wouldn't probably accept that as a sufficient answer.

You've given yourself a way out on this question, to assume that we don't believe just because we haven't been taught right, or we're too stupid to understand.

Or that we have been lead astray by the Devil.

Assume for a moment that we had the best teacher on the planet. Some of us spent more time in church then you have been alive, and we understand the teachings to every minute detail with all the differences.

Now let that sink in, and then understand this. We STILL DON'T BELIEVE!

I think my understanding of the Bible is quite sufficient. And when I compare it and contrast it to the rest of the sacred literature of humanity, I conclude, that we all share a collective consciousness. This collective is what we experience as our sense of the divine. Even if I am wrong (and I question my own beliefs daily), I have to wonder how others can believe in an infinite deity, then insist that this infinitude has one a single true aspect that needs to be worshiped in a single "true" way. Sure infinity would have an infinite number of ways to be approached, no?

• Ivan A

Same time as your average conservative all-american christian individual, NEVER. Seriously, take a poll about this in amongst your bible thumping friends, they probably have read the bible as much as your average atheist... maybe even less... maybe if they read the bible more often, they will realize what an incredibly amount of BS is in it and they will become atheists themselves.

At any rate, an atheist has no need to read the bible (which is a book written by men) as much as a christian does not need to read The Descent of Men.

"You settle for Jesus into your coronary heart." ^ the often going on answer i'm getting from believers, who additionally ensue to satisfaction themselves on the genuine comparable e book. I even have understood it to be giving your finished being over to the god/ writer wherein Christians have confidence. Believing Jesus and your god made the suitable sacrifice one ought to with the intention to offer the finished human race an excellent gamble at redemption, could one choose for to stay with that direction. I do exactly not see how reaching eternal bliss is a sacrifice to any quantity of mortal suffering. nevertheless, I additionally do not understand the way if we workout our "unfastened will" in our finite existence, we spend a limiteless quantity of time suffering. yet i'm useful that's all out of love.

Believe me when I say that I understand the Bible to just be a book. Study Biblical Languages for 4 years.

Dawn I would come just because you are there. You need not to trick me.

Trying to understand the bible is too confusing to be honest, no offense but that's why I prefer a true monotheistic religion.

You may not realize that many of us are former Christians.

Reading the bible carefully is one thing that pushed many of us away from belief in God.

Besides, the Bible is no more persuasive to us than the Quran or Upanishads are to you.

If none of the christains on YA can provide any proof what makes you think that going to a bible study can help

Interesting, when was the last time you went to a really good buddhist meditation retreat? Oh, you're not a buddhist so you don't study buddhism? Well I'm not a christian so I don't go to church. Mkay?