good books on witchcraft?

can you recommend any good books on casting spells and using magic?

9 Answers

Relevance
  • Anonymous
    1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

Captain Morgan

Witchcraft isn't Wicca, or any other pagan path, although Wiccans and followers of other pagan paths use witchcraft.

Witchcraft is a practice, not a religion. People of many faiths use it, or a variation of it.

You asked about spells - Spells are best written yourself, and be careful what you do with them or what you wish for, you might just get it, and in ways you cannot imagine...the universe indeed works in mysterious ways - I have learnt the hard way about this!!

A good book to help you create your own spells, should you want to do one, would be Spells and how they work by Stewart and Janet Farrar. This takes you through some ethics, and the rationale behind spell work, how and why they work, or don't....

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Spells-They-Work-Janet-Far...

Other people's spells are not as effective as your own, and should be used at best as reference. Stay away from the fluffy Tatiana's spell book things.....

Of you want books on Wicca, that's a different thing, I would recommend Vivianne Crowley, Marian Green, Rae Beth, Ronald Hutton (academic approach), the Farrars...stay away from anything published by Llewellyn if you possibly can - certainly anything by Silver Raving Wolf, sorry Raven Wolf. Unadultered rubbish

Halcon

Source(s): Initiated Gardnerian Priestess 20+ years - email me if you've any queries, pleased to help
  • regula
    Lv 4
    4 years ago

Some well ones: Frater Pan already acknowledged A Witches' Bible by means of the Farrars. A new one is to be had referred to as Wicca Revealed, to be had throuhg Lulu. You can down load it for approximately $five.00 in digital style. Others that I've appreciated incorporate The Practice of Witchcraft Today by means of Robin Skelton The Spiral Dance by means of Starhawk Celebrating the Seasons of Life: Samhain to Ostara Celebrating the Seasons of Life: Beltane to Mabon, each by means of Ashleen O'Gaea These furnish a sort of perspectives on Wicca and Witchcraft. For whatever extra ancient, Margot Adler's Drawing Down the Moon is a traditional. Hope this is helping. --Dee

• Elise
    Lv 5
    1 decade ago

The Complete Book of Witchcraft - Raymond Buckland

Practical Candle Magic - Raymond Buckland

The Witches Bible Compleat - Janet & Stewart Farrar

Wicca: A Guide for the Solitary Practitioner - Scott Cunningham

Everyday Wicca - Gerina Dunwich

By Oak, Ash and Thorn - DJ Conway

For a start, those are great.

Source(s): Wiccan 17+ years
  • Best site on Witchcraft ever: http://usminc.org/ This is all you will need.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • Nia
    Lv 4
    1 decade ago

try Diary of a Witch, by Sybil Leek. Or The Book Of Shadows

Blessed Be

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

Harry potter

edit, Damn, didn't see i had already been beaten to this answer.

That said it is as reliable as any other....as magic is made up

bollox be

I feel sorry for you all, obviously something quite traumatising has happened in your life and you have clung on to this ideal that you can get what you want by 'Magik', very sad (honestly, i'm not calling you sad, but saying it is upsetting) that you need to invent these things in your head to make you feel better. I hope you have the power to rise above all this and change your life in the real world. Good luck

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

Harry Potter.

• jurgen
    Lv 6
    1 decade ago

witchcraft is work of satan,please avoid it.

• 1 decade ago

What about the "Book of Shadows"

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.