Looking for a new series of books to read. Love Sookie Stackhouse Series and Twilight?

I loved Twilight and the Sookie Stackhouse series. I am looking for books that are kinda similar. I love the forbidden romances and the somewhat action parts in the books. I liked how Sookie was for more adult readers - loved the romance/love scenes.

I have to wait another year for another Sookie books so I need a series to hold me over!!!

Thanks for the help :)

Favorite Answer

These are the vampire series that ive already read. and i like them. type it by the book that i like the most.

1. Vampire Academy by Richelle Mead

2. night huntress series by Jeaniene Frost

3. Vampire Diaries by L.J. Smith

4. Anna Strong Series by Jeanne Stein

5. jaz park book serie by jennifer rardin

6. Anita Blake by L. K. Hamilton

7. Morganville Series by Rachel Caine

8. House of Night by PC & Kristin Cast

9. Vampire Kisses by Ellen Schreiber

10. hollows series by. kim harrison

11. Cassie Palmer Series by Karen Chance

12. Kitty Norville Series by. Carrie Vaughn

13. Immortality Bites by Michelle Rowen

Okay first of all, anyone who says you should read Vampire Kisses or Evermore you should immediately ignore. Those are two of the worst books i have ever read.

I loved the Sookie Stackhouse and Twilight series too! If you liked both of those then you would LOVE the Vampire Academy Series by Richelle Mead. Pesonally, I enjoyed Vampire Academy more than the other two series. The forth book comes out this summer and i am dying to read it. You should really give it a shot...it will do more than just hold you over. I hope that helps!

The Sookie Stackhouse series is my favorite series. The books below are very similar to the Sookie books. They have love, action...

1. Anita Blake series

2. Cassandra Palmer series

3. The Hollows series

4. Mercy Thompson series

5. The Night Huntress series

If you love the Sookie books you will love all of those. Don't read Charlaine Harris's Aurora Teagarden series... it is awful. I love Charlaine and was excited to read her other books, but those just did not cut it. They're really dry.

Feel free to e-mail me =)

Source(s): Myself =)

If you love Sookie try Laurell K. Hamilton. She has two really good series, The Princess Meredith series, and The Anita Blake series. Both are great and there's about 10 books in each series so far, so you'll have plenty to keep you busy. My only caution is that if you are young they may be too adult for you.(lots of graphic sex)

You might like the series House of night by P.C. Cast and Kristin Cast

Vampire Academy series by Richelle Mead

The Vampire Diaries by L.J. Smith

City of Bones series by Cassandra Clare

Night World series by L.J. Smith

I read a lot

Hope this helps

Here are some books that I've read after the Twilight series and really enjoyed:

The Host by Stephenie Meyer -

Melanie Stryder refuses to fade away. The earth has been invaded by a species that take over the minds of their human hosts while leaving their bodies intact, and most of humanity has succumbed.

Wanderer, the invading "soul" who has been given Melanie's body, knew about the challenges of living inside a human: the overwhelming emotions, the too vivid memories. But there was one difficulty Wanderer didn't expect: the former tenant of her body refusing to relinquish possession of her mind.

Melanie fills Wanderer's thoughts with visions of the man Melanie loves-Jared, a human who still lives in hiding. Unable to separate herself from her body's desires, Wanderer yearns for a man she's never met. As outside forces make Wanderer and Melanie unwilling allies, they set off to search for the man they both love.

The Hunger Games by Suzanne Collins -

Katniss is a 16-year-old girl living with her mother and younger sister in the poorest district of Panem, the remains of what used be the United States. Long ago the districts waged war on the Capitol and were defeated. As part of the surrender terms, each district agreed to send one boy and one girl to appear in an annual televised event called, "The Hunger Games." The terrain, rules, and level of audience participation may change but one thing is constant: kill or be killed. When Kat's sister is chosen by lottery, Kat steps up to go in her place.

Velocity by Dean Koontz -

Bill Wile is an easygoing, hardworking guy who leads a quiet, ordinary life. But that is about to change. One evening, after his usual eight-hour bartending shift, he finds a typewritten note under the windshield wiper of his car. "If you don't take this note to the police and get them involved, I will kill a lovely blond schoolteacher. If you do take this note to the police, I will instead kill an elderly woman active in charity work. You have four hours to decide. The choice is yours."

The Mortal Instruments series by Cassandra Clare -

(City of Bones, City of Ashes, City of Glass)

I'm reading these right now, and they're absolutely amazing! I d don't want to put the summary they have online, because it might give something away. But they're awesome, so read them! Haha.

Source(s): www.bamm.com

My favorites that I can not recommend enough are:

Rachel Morgan/The Hollows Series - Kim Harrison (the Best w/ vamps, witches, weres, pixies, fairies, etc. *You'll become addicted*)

The Succubus Series - Richelle Mead (a reluctant succubus who works for hell and is friends with demons, vampires, and angels)

Dark Series - Christine Feehan (vampire-like species called Carpathians who have to find their soulmates to keep from turning into vampires)

Zodiac Series - Vicki Pettersson (superheroes but not in chessy way)

Source(s): Avid paranormal romance/dark fantasy reader

Theres these books by Melissa de la Cruz.Its about vampires...its totally different from twilight though.THeyre really good so far theres going 2 b 4 i dont know if theres more coming out.Its called Blue Bloods...the second one is called Masquerade...the 3rd one is called Revelations...and the 4th book that is going 2 come out is called The Van Alen Legacy...[=

• Donna

i liked the vampire academy series after I read Twilight. I also would suggest the house of night novels. Both are easier reads and have descent plots. I must say though that as the series progress they tend to drag a bit. All in all they are good books. Also Need is a good book but it is about pixies not vampires. And Anne Osterlound is a great author as well.

Reading a good book provides a richer experience and can leave you with memory that can last years. Television is merely educational if you are enjoying a documentary or something similar