Formula and breast feeding mommies?

I wanted to ask this again, because the words got twisted around a bit and i only got one legitimate answer. If you have a personal experience, feel free to share. Yes, this is the age old "debate" If you chose to breast feed from birth, why is it okay for the hospital to offer formula to the... show more I wanted to ask this again, because the words got twisted around a bit and i only got one legitimate answer.

If you have a personal experience, feel free to share.

Yes, this is the age old "debate"

If you chose to breast feed from birth, why is it okay for the hospital to offer formula to the baby and that's okay, but on the other hand if you are formula feeding from birth, it's NOT okay to recommend that you breast feed. Formula is thrown at babies with jaundice, even though the mother has colostrum which will still make the baby have bowel movements, so it's not always a valid reason to use formula in place of breast milk. That's just one example I have heard from breast feeding moms on here, being offered formula at the hospital.

Then on a different not, I have heard women complain about WIC encouraging breast feeding. Isn't WIC supposed to help teach you proper nutrition, not just give out checks for free formula? Good nutrition would be encouraging the best option, right?

So offering formula is not pushing, but bringing up breast feeding as an option is pushing?

What makes the difference?
Update: Well, it just seems that it's always thought that formula moms are being attacked, but i see it coming from both directions, like offering a baby formula in the hospital, *could* jeopardize nursing, but that's okay.
Update 2: THANK YOU! You guys are giving good answers, the last one they just attacked me. This is not an attack, it's just a "generalization", I wanted to know other's experience or opinion.
Update 3: mystic-I don't get it either! I don't see where she was attacked. I have asked questions on here, because i don't understand the whole formula thing to be honest and *most* of the time, i get accused of attacking or if i answer a question I am *attacking* someone. If you read the answers/questions with... show more mystic-I don't get it either! I don't see where she was attacked. I have asked questions on here, because i don't understand the whole formula thing to be honest and *most* of the time, i get accused of attacking or if i answer a question I am *attacking* someone. If you read the answers/questions with adding your own words, they are not insulting in any way. That's why I had to post this again, because only one answer, answered it and the rest were saying I was horrible for the most part.