Why did the T.V show Martin only go to 5 seasons ?

That was my favriot show I wanted them to extend the season atlest 7 , any reason hy the gang broke up and they ended the show only in 5 seasons. YOu guys have to agree its one of the funniest shows ever, I mean martin plaus so many characters adn the supporting cast was great.

Favorite Answer

FOX cancelled Martin toward the end of the fifth season, some time after Lawrence began abusing drugs. During the show's run, Campbell sued Lawrence for sexual harassment, alleging that Lawrence acted inappropriately while he and Campbell taped scenes of sharing a bed. The episode in which the alleged harassment took place was "Back in Trouble Again"[3] (Season 5, Episode 2). Campbell alleged that Lawrence was prone to excessively angry outbursts during tapings, once threatening the cast with a firearm. Campbell's appearances on the series began to dwindle, since she refused to appear in the same scenes as Lawrence. When Campbell returned to the series, she and Lawrence only appeared together in scenes with a splitscreen format while talking on the phone, or in scenes where either he or she were heard off-camera - talking from another room, for example.

Campbell's diminished presence contributed to Martin's "jumping the shark"[4] in the eyes of many viewers, and ratings dropped. Despite Lawrence's problems, FOX showed interest in bringing the show back for a sixth season but Lawrence never showed for a meeting to discuss that possibility (reported in the Hollywood blurb in the Atlanta-Journal Constitution in 1997). As a result, Living Single was brought back as a mid-season replacement. Meanwhile, FOX waited for things to stabilize between Lawrence and Campbell. Lawrence had even suggested who might take over the role of Gina. However, the decision was soon made to end the series, and FOX agreed.[citation needed] To this day, Lawrence and Campbell are still said to be personally feuding, although it is said that Campbell has stated in a radio interview that she is still very grateful to Lawrence for giving her an opportunity to be a part of his show.[citation needed] In an interview she gave while featured on the Biography channel, she reiterated how grateful she was to have been on the show, and that she will never say anything negative about Martin Lawrence.

This Site Might Help You.

RE:

Source(s): show martin 5 seasons: https://tr.im/lLxQd
  • alven

Why Did Martin End

• Diena

show martin 5 seasons

There were 3 incidents: Tisha Campbell-Martin sexual harassment, caught with gun at Burbank Airport and "He's so Crazy" in an intersection in Sherman Oaks. I don't remember the order, but within days of the final episode, FOX announced that they were done with Martin and HBO Films agreed.

• ODawg4 years agoReport

I'm sorry, I meant to say "within days of the final INCIDENT, FOX announced that they were done. This was announced in the LA Times, shortly after the last incident occurred.