My parents have bad credit history,can I still get a student loan?

I will need to take out 15,000 a year for my college. My parents have bad credit history and needed to file for bankruptcy 7 years ago. I am 18 but I have no credit history since my family only uses debit cards now. I work 2 jobs and i get good grades but the school that I 'm going to is a public school and... show more I will need to take out 15,000 a year for my college. My parents have bad credit history and needed to file for bankruptcy 7 years ago. I am 18 but I have no credit history since my family only uses debit cards now. I work 2 jobs and i get good grades but the school that I 'm going to is a public school and gave me absolutely nothing off. I feel like I have worked hard enough the last 2 years to deserve to go where I want to go to school and not be forced to go somewhere cheaper that doesn't have the program I'm interested in. I also don't think it's fair that I would have to be accountable for my parents mistakes. Is it possible for me to get a stafford loan or some other type of loan that I wouldn't have to pay off until after graduation/graduate school?
Update: EDIT: I have no grandparents to cosign the loan.. they are all passed. I also have no local family.
0