Are Catholics going over the top with "Angels and Demons"?

I'm a huge fan of the book Angels and Demons so me and the guys were talking about it at the gym. When we left to our cars, two guys and one woman came out and followed us. They told us not to watch the movie because it has a bad message. We told them that it was fiction and just entertainment. Everyone... show more I'm a huge fan of the book Angels and Demons so me and the guys were talking about it at the gym.

When we left to our cars, two guys and one woman came out and followed us.

They told us not to watch the movie because it has a bad message.
We told them that it was fiction and just entertainment. Everyone knows that it isn't true.

As the conversation continued, one guy told us that if it was up to him, he would beat everyone who was going to watch it.

--------------
The question is on the top. I'm just incredibly angry at why someone would have a reaction like that over a book I really love.
Update: If anyone wants to know, I'm Jewish.
Update 2: Paulcyp: They told us that in the conversation. They actually also told us where their parish was.

Anyways, I'm not trying to offend anyone. I'm trying to understand this from a Catholic point of view.
Update 3: Thanks for those who answered. It helped clear it out.