Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Cars & TransportationBuying & Selling · 1 decade ago

I just found a car I would like to purchase but I dislike the color? easy ten points?

Alright I just found the cutest used car. It is dark greent though. I really don't like green as a car color, everything else about the car though is perfect. I was wondering how much it would cost to change the car color. I was thinking a custom car color but how much would that run me. I was thinking shimmering light blue or plum. If that is too expensive how much does it cost to just get a simple color such as black? also does it cost more based on the body type of the vehicle. I plan on purchasing a bmw roadster does tht require extra labor to paint a smaller luxury car?? thank you

Favorite Answer

Several thousand dollars, for many used cars it can cost as much as the car did.

Paint is possibly the most expensive thing on your vehicle.

Source(s): hf

You really dont want to do a total repaint to a different color.

I once bought a mercedes for about $3000 below wholesale because the owner spent a lot of money changing it from Black to red.

The car had never been wrecked and the paint job was a quality job. But the seller lost $3000 + the cost of the paint job.

DONT DO IT !

• Color changes are harder to do and more expensive as the must paint the door jambs, under hood and trunk and the engine compartment as well for it to look complete. The Bmw roadster would require just a bit of extra prep as you have to do a bit more masking and extra detailing if you have the hard top as well. The shop that I work at starts at $2500 for a stock original color then goes up to $3500 for a custom/color change

Source(s): auto body tech
  • Donna

Okay so in my opinion I think that blue eyes look great with a dirty blonish color, with lighter blonde highlights! You don't necessiarily have to dye it so it looks more natural but if you want a change go for it! Its always fun to try something new!

• Amory

You should probably contact your local paint shop. A paint job can cost anywhere from $500-$5000. It really depends on what you want, size of your car, quality of paint job, etc.

it would be easier and better quality if u find that z3 or z4 with the color you want already than having to repaint it.

only cost a couple thousand. depends on where you go.

don't just don't...unless you have 3 to 5 K to spend...just don't

Source(s): 40 yrs of cars