Do I have to refinance a mortgage after a separation?

My father gave my 2 sisters and myself $20,000 each, and my mother contributed $5,000. They said here, use it to buy a house or have a wedding. I have a son with my boyfriend and we have been together for 3 years. I decided that even though we werent married I would share this money with him and buy a house. The... show more My father gave my 2 sisters and myself $20,000 each, and my mother contributed $5,000. They said here, use it to buy a house or have a wedding. I have a son with my boyfriend and we have been together for 3 years. I decided that even though we werent married I would share this money with him and buy a house. The truth is I would have never been approved for a loan on my income alone. So we put both names on the mortgage. It's been since december and I'm having second thoughts. He verbally abuses me, which sometimes leads to some grabbing and pushing. he has explosive rage, I walk on eggshells all the time and this is simply no way to live, especially for my son! I plan to have him leave. Most likely he will, but how do I handle the title? this is all he has against me. will I have to refinance? I doubt anyone would approve me? do I need a lawyer? I don't want to lose this house It's all I have as far as assets and I really feel that it's mine! the money came from my family and we could have had a good life together but threw that away when he decided to leave bruises on me

PS: I have copies of the checks written from my family out to me as well as the bank reciepts from when I deposited the money into my account if that helps at all