Why do people have spontaneous nose bleeds?

Now i used to have random nose bleeds as a child often and heard it was common for some kids. I haven't had this happen in years, but i am almost 21 and today my nose just randomly started bleeding while i was sitting down at work. No picking of the nose at all and the weather is definitely far from cold, can anyone tell me what could be wrong?

5 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

it could be because of stress or its way to hot outside and inside its cooler so u mite of been exposed to that,,.....that happens to me sometimes in the summer....

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

Its the heat, usually it will happen if you don't get enough water in your body, this happened to me too, in middle school, I was in the middle of class when all of a sudden I felt something dripping from my nose; it was blood. My hands hadn't been anywhere near my face when it happened...and I was feeling rather hot.

• T.
    Lv 4
    1 decade ago

Yeah, air pressure can affect it. Major changes in temperature and abnormal weather could also by why.

• 1 decade ago

lots of things can cause nose bleeds such as changes in air pressure, high blood pressure, allergies, temperature changes, etc

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • Bob N
    Lv 5
    1 decade ago

I had that before too -- usually when the seasons or air pressure changes. No reason for it, it just happened.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.