Why do people have spontaneous nose bleeds?

Now i used to have random nose bleeds as a child often and heard it was common for some kids. I haven't had this happen in years, but i am almost 21 and today my nose just randomly started bleeding while i was sitting down at work. No picking of the nose at all and the weather is definitely far from cold, can anyone tell me what could be wrong?

Favorite Answer

it could be because of stress or its way to hot outside and inside its cooler so u mite of been exposed to that,,.....that happens to me sometimes in the summer....

Its the heat, usually it will happen if you don't get enough water in your body, this happened to me too, in middle school, I was in the middle of class when all of a sudden I felt something dripping from my nose; it was blood. My hands hadn't been anywhere near my face when it happened...and I was feeling rather hot.

• T.

Yeah, air pressure can affect it. Major changes in temperature and abnormal weather could also by why.

lots of things can cause nose bleeds such as changes in air pressure, high blood pressure, allergies, temperature changes, etc

• Bob N

I had that before too -- usually when the seasons or air pressure changes. No reason for it, it just happened.