can an extrovert turn into an introvert?

I used to be outgoing and have tons of friends, but I'm not as social as I used to be, enjoy staying at home, and have trouble meeting friends(I just moved to a new area) because I don't know what to talk to people about.

Best Answer

I can relate. Pshychology argues that you're either an introvert or extrovert. Your natural tendency is always there...now you can learn behaviour...but your initial nature is still there. In your case maybe you were always somewhat of an introvert but your surroundings made it easier to reach out to people and be outgoing. Give yourself some time to adjust.

Yeah an extrovert can turn into an introvert.

I was never as introverted as I am now growing up. I had a few bad relationships, one which nearly took my life, and now I find that I would rather stay in than go out.

Whatever happened in your life, please try to not let it take over.

Try going to a bookstore, or somewhere similar to the places you felt most comfortable in your old area.

All I can tell you is that I'm seeing a therapist because of how introverted I've become, and it's somewhat trying to say the least.

What sucks most of all this? I'm a guy.. lol

I don't think so. People may change a little, but they never really change.

Maybe you're an introverted extrovert? These are people that enjoy time with theirselves, but our mostly outgoing.

It sounds like you are just having trouble meeting new people, and once you start feeling more comfortable things will be better! (:

• Depends on the situation and preceding circumstances. You've entered a new and unknown environment so it can influence your behavior quite a bit thus reducing your extrovert nature back at your former environment. It may take time to adjust, but you don't have to be completely closed in now that you've moved.

• Milly

possibly all extroverts are introverts to start with, just covering up the true, core feeling.........?

I can flip between them like *that*. When I'm with friends, you can hear me from miles off! However, when I'm with strangers, I keep my mouth shut.

Only if they do it quietly.