Does it look bad to ask your boss for a paycheck advance/short term loan?

I'm a 29 year old responsible female in a financial strap. I don't get paid until the 15th and, unfortunately, I screwed up my checkbook and made a wrong calculation which overdrew my bank account. I work in a very professional environment and I have a very good repor with my boss. I've never asked... show more I'm a 29 year old responsible female in a financial strap. I don't get paid until the 15th and, unfortunately, I screwed up my checkbook and made a wrong calculation which overdrew my bank account.

I work in a very professional environment and I have a very good repor with my boss. I've never asked ANYONE for money until now. My parents are out of state on vacation and my younger brother doesn't have any extra cash for me to borrow. I don't have anyone to ask and I am stressing out.

Does it make me look bad to ask my boss for a small loan (just so I can gas up my car to work next week - food isn't a big deal).??? I don't know what else to do and I literally feel like I'm going to throw up from the stress I'm feeling.

I'm humiliated mostly because he's a Financial Advisor and now he'll know I'm bad with my own finances.