promotion image of download ymail app
Promoted

Should I balance and rotate the tires on my BMW at the dealership ($150) or go somewhere else?

I have a 2008 328i and do NOT have $150!

Thanks!

Update:

Because it's a lease, they don't cover anything that has to do with wheels and tires :-(...didn't know if I specifically had to go through BMW??

10 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

lifetime balance and rotation is $35 at walmart. pay the $35 one time fee and do a little shopping and then its free any time you want to do it afterwards.

but yeah, you've got an 08 beemer and dont have $150?? hmmm

• Commenter avatarLogin to reply the answers
  • 1 decade ago

Go somewhere else!

Balancing and rotating shouldn't cost more than $40-$50.

I thought BMW had free total servicing (including brakes, tires, etc) for the first 4 years, 50K miles on new cars?

Did you buy this used?

Why wouldn't this be covered?

• 1 decade ago

First of all, that is outrageous for something that takes no more than 15-20 minutes. It is highly unlikely that the tires need to be balanced if it was done properly to begin with and tire rotation you can do yourself.

You will need two floor jacks. Jack up one side of the car at a time and swap the front wheels to the back and the back to the front. That's all there is to it.

I guess they figure if you drive a BMW they can charge you any amount of money to keep you from getting your hands dirty.

• vescio
    Lv 4
    3 years ago

ok quite trouble-free! I artwork for sidestep! while you're going at HWY velocity and you will experience the steerage wheel vibrate purely using down the line, or in case you are able to experience the entire vehicle/truck vibrate purely using down the line then you prob. might desire to get your tires balanced. motives why we don't stability tires once you get the turned around is as a results of the fact the wide-unfold driving force does not force in harsh situations like out in fields or off street each and all of the time. additionally somewhat some the time whilst a Cust. is getting there tires turned around. Its for a well-known mantnance. you are able to rotate your tires on a regualr foundation. like all 8-9,000 miles. It retains the tires interior the front from donning humorous. and it additionally retains the perfect tread interior the front of the motor vehicle. in case you weren't feeling a vibration on an analogous time as using down the line. it is without touch ing the brakes purely retaining a sluggish HWY velocity 40-seventy 5 mph then i does not have your tires balanced. although at times the vibration is led to by using a tire it is taking off to chop up. or one that is out of around, yet another words this is egg formed. the two considered one of those can and could reason your vehicle to vibrate possably even pull. now while you're going like 5-15 mph and you will enable flow of the steerage wheel and it will turn it self little by using little, and you will experience the entire motor vehicle kinda lope factor to factor slightly. Thats a nasty sighn which you have a separated tire and its getting worse quickly. different than which you do no longer could stability your tires each time you rotate, yet i'll asure you I won't techniques taking your money and balancing your tires once you choose me too. Oh another undertaking Lug nuts, in case you have a extra moderen modle of sidestep truck like a 1500 you be attentive to one with like the 20" rims and so on. I fairly have observed that diverse the cust. that get there tires turned around frequintly. The lug nut will swell up slightly no longer lots yet barely adequate which you purely approximately could hamer the socket onto the lug nuts. at that factor somewhat some the time the outer hide will fall off and you will possibly could replace the lug nuts at like $5-6.00 each and each! THAT SUCKS!!!!!

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 1 decade ago

rotate cost about 15 to 20 bucks balance cost about 10 to 15 each or about that you can call any tire store and get a better price and many time dealers bring us their tires to balance and no way would it cost you 150 be more like 50 or 75 might even get it cheaper

• 1 decade ago

any tire store will do it 60 dollars or so...BMW has gaul/balls to try charging that...its a 2008..why do u think they need balancing??? if no reasion just rotate them every 5 to 10K rotateing is about 20 dollars

• 1 decade ago

first off car dealerships are ripoffs just go to your local walmart and get it done for less than half of 150 and spend the rest in walmart while waiting

• 1 decade ago

any tire dealer or such place will be able to balance and rotate your tires. Maybe try a service station close to your house.

• 1 decade ago

Call around. $150.00 to rotate tires is a joke.

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

You can get them done for free with an oil change at most places with a coupon...don't let them rip you.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.