FHA vs. conventional loan offer on short sale approved home, who's the winner?

I just put an offer on a home in california last monday 5/4. The home was short-sale approved at $285k and has been on the market for almost 150 days. I'm purchasing the home with an FHA loan with 3.5% down. I submitted an offer of $295k + 3% help with closing cost valid until 5/15.. I just found out that the... show more I just put an offer on a home in california last monday 5/4. The home was short-sale approved at $285k and has been on the market for almost 150 days. I'm purchasing the home with an FHA loan with 3.5% down. I submitted an offer of $295k + 3% help with closing cost valid until 5/15.. I just found out that the only other offer on the home besides me is a person that offered $280k without help with closing cost and using a conventional loan with 20% down. I'm basically giving $1500+ over what the bank is asking but my agent is telling me that the sellers realtor is saying that the bank (countrywide) would like the $280k offer more because its more "clean" and they are not asking for any help with the closing cost and also because they have a 20% downpayment.

I heard from my agent that the bank has been sitting on the other offer for over 3 weeks prior to my offer. I was under the assumption that whatever loan the buyer uses didn't matter because the sellers bank still gets the money. I was hoping someone can tell me what my chances are of getting this home or if I should submit a higher offer?