Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Food & DrinkVegetarian & Vegan · 1 decade ago

Are chicken eggs menstrual cycles or unborn fetuses?

I could never tell how a chicken egg for consumption is produced. For Anyone who eats eggs, are they the a chicken's period or is the egg fertilized, therefore an unborn fetus?

Which one would you consider less disgusting?

13 Answers

Relevance
    Lv 6
    1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

It's basically a chicken's period. It is an egg which has not been fertilized, and hence the female's body is getting rid of it. Since there is no fertilization, it's not a fetus, just an egg. They're both pretty disgusting.

Source(s): Vegan
  • 6 years ago

This Site Might Help You.

RE:

Are chicken eggs menstrual cycles or unborn fetuses?

I could never tell how a chicken egg for consumption is produced. For Anyone who eats eggs, are they the a chicken's period or is the egg fertilized, therefore an unborn fetus?

Which one would you consider less disgusting?

Source(s): chicken eggs menstrual cycles unborn fetuses: https://biturl.im/5Dazw
  • Anonymous
    5 years ago

no its not an unborn fetus, its better compared to its menstrual cycle, even though that is an exclusively mammal thing. The egg isn't fertilized so its never going to be a fetus either.

• 4 years ago

Chicken Fetus

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 1 decade ago

A menstrual cycle, for those of us who passed 3rd grade health, is the shedding of the uterine wall. Chickens have no uterus, thus no menstrual cycle. A woman's period is NOT the egg, it is the uterine lining, although the egg is also discharged along with the blood.

If an egg has been fertilized, it is an un-hatched fetus. If it is not fertilized, it is simply an egg.

Whether or not is it disgusting to eat an egg is a matter of opinion. But it is a FACT that chickens do not have a period.

Source(s): A woman with a uterus, periods, chickens, and a basic education.
  • 1 decade ago

As chickens and humans are very different...oh, my, well anyway, humans and chickens both have eggs, the human produces an egg every month. If not fertilized, it is sloughed off during the period...the egg is not the period. Chickens do not have a cycle, however they prepare an egg daily and if fertilized, then they "set" the clutch (the collection of fertile eggs)... they do not have periods. They just do not lay during their molt, the chickens bodily "rest" time.

• 1 decade ago

Since a chicken can lay up to 320 eggs per year, I sure hope they're not all potential chicks. Can you imagine how quickly the chickens would over run the entire world?

The eggs we eat are not fertilized, so menstrual cycle eggs would be the closest analogy.

• ?
    Lv 5
    1 decade ago

It is the chickens egg, not a period and if there isn't a rooster around to fertilize the egg it is just an un-fertilized egg...

I kinda consider them both to be pretty gross...

• 5 years ago

For the best answers, search on this site https://shorturl.im/gMs8X

Unborn fetus'

• 1 decade ago

The eggs that people eat are unfertilized. They are the period. If the eggs were fertilized, a dead premature baby chicken would come out when the egg is cracked. This problem will not happen to you most likely since our abused hormone induced chickens have no room to even spread their wings in their cramped cages and are kept with other females. I think the period one is less disgusting, but they are both very ick!

• Legs
    Lv 6
    1 decade ago

They're unfertilized eggs, menstrual cycles.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.