promotion image of download ymail app
Promoted
Anonymous
Anonymous asked in HealthDiet & Fitness · 1 decade ago

How does drinking water help you lose weight?

52 Answers

Relevance
  • Anonymous
    1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

drinking water can help someone to lose weight by replacing high calorie sodas and juices as a way to cut your daily calorie intake. it can help people to lose weight by helping you to feel more full when you eat because liquids fill up your stomach just as well as food. it can also help you to lose weight because fiber kind of soaks up water, if you're not drinking enough water for the fiber you eat, you'll get constipated. so by helping your bowels to keep on moving that reduces the weight in your intestines (and that bloated feeling).

water does not replenish any nutrients in your body, unless it specifically has certain minerals in it. the amount of these minerals would be so minor it is not good to consider it a dietary source. there can be trace minerals if it's natural water from the mountains or a well and that usually is what gives it a different taste that "pure" water.

the 8 glasses of water thing is highly debatable. increasing water intake does not necessarily flush anything out it just makes what you are already flushing out less concentrated. there are other mechanisms in our body that deal with removing unwanted materials. it's not like washing a car. the ideal amount of water intake varies by person to person and you only need to drink in what you are losing by sweating, urinating, crying, spitting and various other body fluid losses. secondly it doesn't all have to come from glasses of water. you absorb water by eating an apple or an orange, for example. the origin of this 8-glasses-a-day thing is very fuzzy. it is a conglomeration of science mixed in with public claims. in reality, we get almost all the water we need from the foods that we eat to meet the bare minimum for surviving. which would leave us with needing to drink only about 4 8-ounce glasses of fluid versus 8-10 for a moderately active person.

if you're not thirsty you don't need to drink, simple as that. if you're worried about your water levels, then just increase by 1 glass to help cover any gaps. our country is not in such a dire state of dehydration like water enthusiasts want you to believe. be reasonable.

• Commenter avatarLogin to reply the answers
  • 4 years ago

Source(s): Successful Weight Loss Pills - http://PureGarciniaGet.com/WL/?ayU
  • 4 years ago

There are three main ways to lose weight quickly.

1) Use only water as liquid and eliminate all other liquid drinks from your diet. You must drink as much water as possible every day. You must drink about half of your weight. If you have weight of 200 pounds then you must drink about 100 oz of water.

2) The interval between the eating is very important. If you eat once, then you must eat next after 4 hours. You must take breakfast regularly. In the night eat your food three hours before going to bed.

3) Walking is very good. You must walk as much as you can. Walk everywhere you can. Use of elevators and escalators must be reduced and instead of these you must climb stairs more often.

These are some of the fastest ways to lose weight. By just following the simple steps, you can lose your weight very quickly. You must consult your doctor if want to change your diet or exercise routine.

https://tinyurl.im/aHOel

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

How many glasses of water should I drink in a day?

Well, the minimum number is eight. Am I kidding? no... It's really not that much. Eight 8-ounce glasses amount to about two quarts of water. This is okay for the average person, but if you're overweight, you should drink another eight ounces for every 25 pounds of excess weight you carry. You should also up this if you live in a hot climate such as tropical count or exercise very intensely.The water intake should be spread throughout the day. Don't drink too much water at one time, it's not healthy and it will give you a sick feeling about water instead the feeling of full in your stomach. Try picking 3 or 4 times a day when you drink several glasses of water. One thing to remember is drink water before you feel thirsty, because when you're thirsty it means you are already dehydrated. Do you think water is yucky? Drinking other fluids will certainly help hydrate your body, but please avoid those with the extra calories, sugar, additives and whatever else aren't what you need. Try a slice of lemon or lime in the glass, or if you really think you hate water, try a flavored water. Just make sure you read the labels. Remember that you're going to be consuming a lot of this fluid. It's probably a good idea to stop drinking water a good three hours before you go to bed.

Source(s): If want to Lose 20-30 pounds of Fat in One Months Effectively: Click http://loseweightfastguides.blogspot.com/ to find out how to do it!
  • How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • Anonymous
    1 decade ago

By making you feel more full so you won't eat as much. But, don't use a calorie restrictive diet. When you diet by not eating, or drastically reduce your diet, your body perceives itself as starving and lowers your metabolism (how fast you burn calories at rest) to compensate. Instead, you should go for weight loss in a healthy manner that will be sustainable instead of yo-yo dieting.

• Shawn
    Lv 4
    4 years ago

carry a cooler stocked with three bottles of water a six pack four pb js two oranges a bag of tortilla chips and 12 servings of cool cucumber salsa go to womenshealthmag allrecipes com for the recipe for 22 minutes

• 4 years ago

After seeing this I want to share something because I spent endless years going from diet to diet without acheiving any real results until I saw Pams magic plan (just google it). Without doubt its the best results that I have ever achieved and it is still working to this day.

• 4 years ago

Include at least 10 to 15 grams regarding protein, which suppresses ghrelin, a new hormone that stimulates your appetite. Include eggs, which are that can control hunger.

• 3 years ago

Label each with time in addition to calorie amounts to avoid eating everything at one time.

• 5 years ago

It’s simple really, either you do it or you don’t. It WAS simple. That simplicity carried me through all the mental and emotional banter that has resulted in confusion and despair in the past. The program was well calculated and laid out for me, I just had to follow. I know how to do this now. There are no more excuses. Thank you John for the education you have given me that led to my success.

Go to : https://tinyurl.im/YGUVi

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.