Anonymous
Anonymous asked in HealthDiseases & ConditionsCancer · 1 decade ago

leukemia ribbon color?

you know how for every cancer there is a ribbon and it is a certain color for each type?

what color is leukemia.

any other info about leukemia would also be helpful

thanks

9 Answers

Relevance
  • Anonymous
    1 decade ago
    Best Answer

The ribbon colour for leukemia is orange. I'm not sure specifically what other information you're looking for on leukemia so I can be broad. Happy to add anything more specific if you like.

Leukemia takes lives of children and adults every day but at the same time, there are many survivors that are in remission and doing very well. The most common cancer for children and young people is leukemia, and the most common type of leukemia is called either Acute Lymphocytic Leukemia, or Acute Lymphoblastic Leukemia (ALL). How well a patient does depends on so many different factors including age, cell counts, what type and subtype of leukemia he or she has, the will to fight, and so many other factors.

My son E was diagnosed with a Wilms' Tumour as a newborn, won his battle, and was recently diagnosed with Secondary Acute Myelogenous Leukemia (AML). AML is related to ALL but is still quite different. His cancer is most likely a secondary cancer caused by the chemotherapy his first time when he fought Wilms. E somehow passed his screenings he has every 3 months back in October but in the end of November we started to notice he wasn't quite himself, and he was diagnosed December 19th.

There are lots of symptoms of leukemia but each individual is different. Some display some symptoms while others display other ones. There's no actual tumour as in other cancers but leukemia is a cancer of the cells that create blood cells. E had a cold in November that he just couldn't kick. We took him to the doctor and he was given an antibiotic. He got a little better but as soon as he finished the antibiotic he got sick again. He usually has a couple bruises here and there since he is a 2 year old. His walking was greatly affected from one of the drugs in his first chemo cocktail so he trips and falls pretty often. But the bruising he had was more than usual - he bruised at the slightest bump. That's when we really knew something was wrong and took him to the doctor again. Once he was diagnosed we found out that his spleen and liver were enlarged - also symptoms of leukemia. Due to the extent of enlargement of his spleen, he had it removed after a round of chemotherapy. So far he has had 3 strong doses of chemo and 1 consolidation round and he's labeled as being in remission! He still has 4-6 rounds of consolidation chemo left just to make sure all of the cancerous cells are gone.

A leukemia diagnosis is absolutely not a death sentence. It's treatable but you have to keep in mind that it does take lives. I know many children and adults that have gone on to live completely normal lives after getting their No Evidence of Disease (NED) status. Sometimes a patient does relapse but it is absolutely possible that he or she can reach remission and eventually NED status.

I hope this helped you out some. If you have any more questions feel free to email me (crazycanuckj@yahoo.ca) or IM me (crazycanuckj).

Source(s): My 2 year old son is a warrior who beat a Wilms' Tumour and is currently battling Secondary Acute Myelogenous Leukemia. http://www.caringbridge.com/visit/warrioreli
  • adamek
    Lv 4
    3 years ago

Leukemia Ribbon Color

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

For leukemia the ribbon could be orange and/or green. but more commonly orange.

Leukemia is a blood/bone marrow cancer effecting the white blood cells. Most forms are more common in children, but those kinds can show in adults, and the ones more commonly found in adults can be in children. There's chronic and acute leukemia's, which chronic means slow progressing, and acute means quickly/agreesivly progressing, however in chronic leukemia's at a certain point it will become as agressive as an acute leukemia. Generally chemotherapy is used to treat it, and if needed, a bone marrow transplant, but those are risky, and don't always work (chemo doesn't always work either).

Source(s): 15 yr old leukemia patient
  • Mary
    Lv 4
    4 years ago

Forget anything you have ever been told about Diabetes. And get this - it has nothing to do with insulin, exercise, diet or anything else you've heard in the past. It's all based on latest breakthrough research that Big Pharma is going Stir Crazy to hide from you. Visit here : https://tinyurl.im/aH22A to find out what all the fuss is about.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • Anonymous
    5 years ago

This secret set the medical world on fire!

A 102 year old doctor exposes the myths regarding the real cause of diseases...

And shows you a simple thing you can do right now in your home...that will bulletproof you against life-debilitating illnesses: including heart attack, Cancer, Diabetes, Alzheimer's and MORE...

Click Here Before The Video Gets Taken Down - http://reversediseasetoday.info/Big-Secrets-x15s.h...

If Big Pharma gets wind of this, they'll send their lawyers to try to take down the site.

This simple thing doesn't cost you a single cent, and it will destroy Big Pharma's business of selling drugs.

Click Here Before Big Pharma Ban This Video - http://reversediseasetoday.info/tips/Big-Secrets-x...

God Bless,

Ken

P/s: More than 20,392 people have already watched the video...and I'm receiving tens of emails everyday telling me how they are reversing their chronic conditions...in less than 72 hours!

Source(s): Diseaseless: The Quick and Simple Solution To Feel Young Again - http://reversediseasetoday.info/tips/Big-Secrets-1...
  • Anonymous
    1 decade ago

It's orange, and I don't know much about leukemia otherwise.

• 1 decade ago

The color for leukemia is cloisonne green

• 1 decade ago

orange!

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.