Why do Protestants reject Jesus' command, "Do not be called teachers"?

Matt 23:9-10: Do not call anyone on earth your father; for One is your Father, He who is in heaven. And do not be called teachers; for One is your Teacher, the Christ. If you call a person your teacher, or you allow yourself to be called teacher, you are violating the literal words of Matt 23:10. How do you... show more Matt 23:9-10: Do not call anyone on earth your father; for One is your Father, He who is in heaven. And do not be called teachers; for One is your Teacher, the Christ.

If you call a person your teacher, or you allow yourself to be called teacher, you are violating the literal words of Matt 23:10. How do you justify this flagrant disavowal of the plain words of the Bible?

We Catholics understand what Jesus is driving at in this discourse. But I'm wondering if our Protestant friends understand our Lord's teaching.
Update: Catholics have been asked hundreds of times here in R&S why we call our priests "father." I will be happy to answer that question when the Protestants can tell me why they call themselves "teacher," as in Sunday School teacher. Both questions require a correct interpretation of Jesus'... show more Catholics have been asked hundreds of times here in R&S why we call our priests "father." I will be happy to answer that question when the Protestants can tell me why they call themselves "teacher," as in Sunday School teacher. Both questions require a correct interpretation of Jesus' teaching.
Update 2: Heh heh. Thanks, Adam.
Update 3: To Jeffery: I quoted the New King James Version, but the NIT also uses teacher. "Master" is probably an archaic translation.