Did Kobe elbow Artest in response to his Roy comment?

Did Kobe elbow Artest in retaliation for him calling Roy the best player he'd ever played against? I didn't agree with Artest's appraisal either, but everyone is entitled to their opinion. I think Kobe should have shown more maturity and simply pulled Artest aside before the game and told him his... show more Did Kobe elbow Artest in retaliation for him calling Roy the best player he'd ever played against? I didn't agree with Artest's appraisal either, but everyone is entitled to their opinion. I think Kobe should have shown more maturity and simply pulled Artest aside before the game and told him his words hurt his feelings. There is no need to resort to violence.
Update: That being said, I don't think Kobe should be suspended. It wasn't a blatant violation. And if the Lakers lose, I want them to be at full strength.
Update 2: This is my question YS. Ask your own questions somewhere else.