Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Education & ReferenceStandards & Testing · 1 decade ago

How Much Should I Sleep Before AP Exam?

Taking AP European History exam tomorrow. How much sleep should I get minimum? I've been studying all day and still have a lot to study since I slacked off too much during the year. So how much sleep should I aim for minimum? My friend got a 5 on his AP exam last year and recommended 10, but that's too much for me, I need the time to study.

• Coco
    Best Answer

don't stress yourself out too much. Right now what you need to do is go over the big issues. Dont worry too much about the minutia - they want to see the the bigger picture.

Get at least 8 hours rest. Stop studying around 7 or 8pm, and just relax and read a book or watch some tv.

the more your worry and stress and cram, the more you are going to mentally exhaust yourself.

You will be great!

good luck!

Depends, how much sleep do you need?

I took the AP Lit test today (think I did fairly well) and I only slept 5 hours last night and not because I was cramming... LOL

Probably because I'm a senior and I don't really care about AP testing right now, but the main thing is to stay calm.

Don't cram too much because that often leads to blanking out on tests

good luck!

I'm taking the AP Euro test tomorrow as well. I'm planning to sleep about 8-10 hrs. Usually, I sleep about 5 or 6 hrs and I'm always tired so, I want to get as much sleep as I can since it will be a long test and I need the energy.

I will recommend you sleep at least 7 hrs, though.

• DrIG

You should sleep between 7 1/2 to 8 hours..

In addition you are preparing for the test in the worst way by cramming./

I think 8 hours will be fine. However I have find it more easy to study very early (3.A.M) in the morning when you are not easily distracted with random stuff. It depends of your habits.

You should get at least 8 hours. And PLEASE don't try to jam information into your brain at the last minute. You'll only stress yourself out more. It's better to just relax so that your brain can breathe tomorrow. (To avoid issues you shouldn't have slacked off earlier! lol)

i took it last year...and pulled an all-nighter...got a 3...lol

i was happy with my score.

8 hours (recommended by experts).....