promotion image of download ymail app
Promoted
Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Arts & HumanitiesHistory · 1 decade ago

what "Great" things did hitler achieve in his life time during WW2 and how has it affected the world?

i need this for a school project.

if you could send a good website link or just answer the question would be great!! thanks!!

11 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

Hitler achieved many things during WW2, but arguably not many of them were particularly great. Hitler is more renowned for the mass murders he orchestrated than anything else so his legacy somewhat speaks for itself.

Having said that, one area Hitler did achieve something positive in was the economy. When Hitler came to power the economy was in ruins as a result of the Great Depression. Around 6 million people were unemployed. In 1933, he promised to beat unemployment within 4 years. Rearmament led to increased production and therefore more workers were needed and he also mopped up the unemployed by putting them in the army.

In addition, a network of motorways across Germany began to be constructed. There was an improvement in the level of wages, yet they were lower in 1938 than they had been in 1929. Hitler also improved conditions in factories and through the KDP (Strength through joy) he provided workers with holidays and leisure time.

However, at a cost, workers had no rights, they were forced to join the Nazi Labour Front, trade unions were banned, wages were low and there were fewer goods to buy as a result of the war.

Anything positive Hitler achieved during WW2 was therefore not as rosy as it seemed. Unemployment fell in all countries as the Depression came to an end so maybe the achievements of the Nazis were not so great after all.

• Commenter avatarLogin to reply the answers
  • 4 years ago

I think it was in 2002 that a German journal published an article claiming that the number of victims of Auschwitz (said to be the main camp where Jews were killed) who died in gas chambers was 'only' about 360,000. Although it is illegal in Germany to doubt the Holocaust numbers the author Fritjof Meyer was not prosecuted, possibly because he is a Jew. Since the 6,000,000 figure was being used even before the war broke out it is obviously not does not have any factual basis. I think these details tend to lend credulity to John Beaty's figures. PS I found a link, see below.

• 1 decade ago

Great things from his point of view I assume?

He rid Germany of Communism and largely of Jews, those to things were interchangeable to him and both were hated.

He brought back lands that once belonged to Germany, in Austria and Poland. Plus he managed to add extra lands like France, Czechoslovakia, and others.

He manged to bring literacy rates up with in his own country, and had a great deal of success turning around some pretty tough economic times.

He managed to kill\have killed a great deal of Soviets after the invasion and then of course there is the 10 million people as part of the Holocaust.

It could also be said he started the greatest war this world has ever seen!

• 1 decade ago

the autobahn and the volkswagen. oh he did other things, i'm sure but since i've owned those little, magnificent, crafty and wonderful autos (nothing after they changed their design in the 1990s) where else can i run all day, all week on a dollar's worth of gas? and they float. as for the autobahn. it was made so superior that when hit directly with bombs from planes, not a dent, scratch - nothing! it's still considered the best in the world. still used and better than or equal to the roman roads (they're still used today, too and they're over 2000 years old.).

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • Elana
    Lv 7
    1 decade ago

Uh ... the trains ran on time?

I'm sorry - I don't think Hitler deserved any credit for any positive thing.

You could say that the great societal movements of World War II ultimately caused the economic boom of the 50s - but are you really going to credit Hitler with that?

I'm sure he loved his mother - I'm sure he had a fabulous sex life with Eva Braun - but no, the man deserves no credit for anything.

• 1 decade ago

Hitlers achievements on the economy were all phony.

It was all funded with a huge amount of debt and the war was necessary to grab the wealth of other countries to stop Germany going Bankrupt.

• 1 decade ago

Well, he was able to convince millions of otherwise rational people to vote him into office. Yeah, they actually ELECTED Hitler... and he wasn't running for office on a platform that didn't reflect the ideas he later had in office - he was straight up about it the whole time. He wrote Mein Kampf (the book that persuaded a lot of people to follow him) while he was in jail. He got regular people like you and I to vote him into office, that's probably the greatest thing he did.

It was a lot like the time a United States administration that advocated torture and that was responsible for thousands of civilian deaths in Iraq was able to get it self reelected... in 2004.

• 3 years ago

What Did Hitler Accomplish

• 1 decade ago

Well, thanks largely to Hitler, we have the Volkswagen. Also, the Nazis were responsible for the construction of much of the Autobahn.

• 1 decade ago

he built the worlds first motorway [as opposed to a normal road]

to move his supplies.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.