Is E 631 Halal? or is it right that it is made from pig fat?

Follow
  • Follow publicly
  • Follow privately
  • Unfollow
Best AnswerAsker's Choice
  • jazee answered 5 years ago
in my opinion,we should avoid it as in Quran every halal and non-halal is clear if somthing is not clear than we should leave as said ;which thing u think is suspicious ,leave it,so we should avoid.

Asker's rating & comment

2 out of 5
i think u r right...
  • Comment

Other Answers (25)

Rated Highest
  • Rated Highest
  • Oldest
  • Newest
  • Waqar answered 5 years ago
    When i searched the internet with words E631, they information which came up was about E631 : Sodium inosinate. So that means that E631 is Sodium inosinate.

And 2ndly if its made from pig fat or not, does not matter cause if u r in Muslim country, you will not get such thing in your food which is Haram. Lets say if they are selling, well its their fault, not yours.

Look friend, If you get into the details, you will find that there is nothing you can possibly eat and people will keep on misguiding you. Its the human nature. Just eat whatever you like.
    • Comment (1)
  • Himanshu answered 2 months ago
    Disodium inosinate (E631) is the disodium salt of inosinic acid with the chemical formula C10H11N4Na2O8P. It is used as a food additive and often found in instant noodles, potato chips, and a variety of other snacks.

Disodium inosinate is generally produced from meat or fish. Though it is normally a non-vegetarian product, it may be produced from tapioca starch without any animal products involved in the production. The producer can provide information on the origin and it is in some cases labeled as "vegetarian" in ingredients lists when produced from plant sources.
    • Rate
    • Comment
  • Waqas Rasheed answered 5 years ago
    For Pakistani users, I've got another link:
    http://mukalma.blogspot.com/2009/05/no-p...

It says that pig fat is the source of E631, but in Pakistan it is imported from Thailand, where a certain Central Islamic Committee approves its use as HALAL!
    The link above shows certain certificates.
    On the downside, I recommend not using products labeled E631!
    I have obtained the fax number of COCIT using the link's certificates. I zoomed the certificate, checked the number, and wanted to confirm if it was true. Here are the fax numbers:
    0-2949-4250
    0-2949-4341
    I have also contacted them through their website! Will reply if I heard anything.
    • Rate
    • Comment
  • Habib Rahman answered 5 years ago
    My dear!! how you may may gonna confirm wheather ur E 631 or all other E is come with fish?? my advice is to avoide all E product for being safe from haram eating!!!

Jazakallah
    • Rate
    • Comment
  • jamil answered 5 years ago
    dear readers what i have found uptill now is that fat e631 is made from meat or fish and only the producer of this fat can tell that whtz it's origin.so we shuld be careful before taking this fat and try to avoid it.

Source(s):

web site
    • Rate
    • Comment
  • Khurram answered 5 years ago
    Dear Friends - AA

People living in Middle east and such countries, we come across of all these brand as " MADE IN SAUDI ARABIA" including Crest tooth paste and as mentioned LAYS chips (which is supposed to contain E-631). I bought a pack of LAYS here in Dubai and didn't see any such code! Likewise, nothing on Crest tooth paste.

Just adding a bit more, all the fast food outlets clearly display on their outlets saying " HALAL ONLy" though they do import most of the stuff from un-known (to us) countries.

I would a question how to deal with that? Should everything be taken as granted without putting in any efforts if it is ?HALAL or HARAM? How about products made in Muslim countries like KSA with all these brands, is it HALAL?

Please help the Muslim community. Thanks
    • Rate
    • Comment
  • Malik answered 5 years ago
    i dont know keep searching
    and if found

email me
    • Rate
    • Comment
  • Aasma answered 5 years ago
    i fink itz really havin pig fact..v shud avoid dese kinda finkz..dey harm alooot 2 da belief ov muslims..
    • Rate
    • Comment
  • busy medical student answered 5 years ago
    assalamualaikum.
    its haram n not allowed for muslims...
    http://www.mixx.com/stories/5049464/e631_pig_fat
    http://www.janubaba.com/wforum/forum_posts.asp?TID=36686&PN=1
    http://halalist.wordpress.com/2008/05/12/why-pig-fat-is-not-mentioned-but-codes-are-printed/
    http://www.mesmarty.com/2009/05/pakistan-e631-salt-from-pigs-fats/
    so leave dis debate whether its halal r haraam. even if its not confirm dat its haraam, still u should avoid it...
    • Rate
    • Comment
  • Sign In 

to add your answer

• Mansoor Ahmed answered 5 years ago
    ITS NOT HALAL AT ALL.... MISS TABASSUM HAS WRONGLY ANSWERED THE QUESTION... ITS NOT A RUMOR AT ANY COST! ITS TRUE THAT IT INCLUDES PIG FAT.SO DONT EAT "LAYS" AND DONT USE "E-SERIES" PRODUCTS.BE CAREFULL.
    • Rate
    • Comment
  • yasirmturk answered 5 years ago
    E631 : Sodium inosinate

Origin:
    =====
    Sodium salt of inosinic acid (E630), a natural acid, that is mainly present in animals. => Commercially prepared from meat or fish <= (sardines). May also be produced by bacterial fermentation of sugars.

Function & Characteristics:
    ====================
    Flavour enhancer. Inosinic acid and inosinates do not have the specific umami taste but strongly enhance many other flavours, thereby reducing the amounts of salt or other flavour enhancers needed in a product.
    Products:
    =======
    Used in many products.
    Acceptable daily intake (ADI):
    None determined. Inosinates may not be used in products intended for children under 12 weeks.

Side effects:
    =========
    Asthmatic people should avoid inosinates. As inosinates are metabolised to purines, they should be avoided by people suffering from gout. However, the concentrations used are generally so low that no effects are to be expected.

Dietary restrictions:
    ==============
    Inosinates are generally produced from meat, but partly also from fish. They are thus not suitable for vegans and vegetarians, and in most cases not suitable for Jews, Muslims and Hindus, depending on the origin of the product. Only the producer can provide information on the origin.

Conclusion:
    =========
    The Origin of E-Codes is to utilize PIG Fats as they can not label PIG Fat in the ingredients list of any product, Preparing them from PIG Fat is very inexpensive therefore, it is commercially prepared not from chemicals but fats.

If they use PIG Fat then obviously it is HARAM for muslims.

Source(s):

• Rate
    • Comment
  • ? answered 5 years ago
    I have learned about the answers by Dr. M. Amjad up In there. He says about American Shaving cream and other stuff which contain pigs fat.These items when made in Pakistan are made halal. As according to our constitution. Haram items cannot be made here unlike other countries. As it is against the law.
    Fode code E631 can also be made from fish. So in our country it can also be made by fish.
    From this my brothers you are likely to enjoy any cuisine you want BUT IN PAKISTAN ONLY.

Source(s):

Yours Yahoo And Google
    • Rate
    • Comment
  • Anwar answered 5 years ago
    it is haram for muslims becInosinates are generally produced from meat, but partly also from fish. They are thus not suitable for vegans and vegetarians, and in most cases not suitable for Jews, Muslims and Hindus, depending on the origin of the product. Only the producer can provide information on the origin. ause it is made by suwer pig fat
    • Rate
    • Comment
  • ? answered 5 years ago
    i dont no yet about it, humm if it is fat of pig than its totly haram and prohibited for eating anything made by it wht ever thy r like choclote, lays etc........
    • Rate
    • Comment
  • sagheer answered 5 years ago
    Yes it is true that E631 Fat is come from Pig. For more details go on ( http://www.mixx.com/stories/5049464/e631_pig_fat )

Source(s):

http://www.mixx.com/stories/5049464/e631_pig_fat
    • Rate
    • Comment
  • RyR answered 5 years ago
    E631 can be generated in 3 different ways:

1. It can be obtained from sardines (fish).
    2. It can be made from brewer yeast extract which is a by-product of beer making process.
    3. It can be extracted from pig meat.

If method #1 is used then it is Halal. If method #2 is used then it is not Haram but it is better to avoid it. However if method #3 is used then most certainly it is Haram.

Check the link below for the the certificates from Pepsi Pakistan stating that E631 used in their products is from Halal source.

http://mukalma.blogspot.com/2009/05/no-pig-fat-in-e631.html
    • Rate
    • Comment
  • MAJJU answered 5 years ago
    ponka
    • Rate
    • Comment
  • ? answered 5 years ago
    Following is the description of E631 taken from Wikipedia, there is no word of pig used, so it is not proved in any where that E631 is pig fat.
    Other thing is that E631 is used only for "LAYS MASALA" remaining all flavor have no E631 as food code.

"Disodium inosinate (E631), chemical formula C10H11N2Na2O8P, is the disodium salt of inosinic acid. It is a food additive often found in instant noodles, potato chips, and a variety of other snacks. It is used as a flavor enhancer, in synergy with monosodium glutamate (also known as MSG; the sodium salt of glutamic acid) to provide the umami taste.

In the US, comsumption of added 5'-ribonucleotides averages 4 mg per day, compared to 2 g per day of naturally occuring purines. A review of literature by an FDA committee found no evidence of carcinogenicity, teratogenicity, or adverse effects on reproduction.[1]

As it is a fairly expensive additive, it usually is not used independently of glutamic acid; if disodium inosinate is present in a list of ingredients but MSG does not appear to be, it is possible that glutamic acid is provided as part of another ingredient or is naturally occurring in another ingredient like tomatoes, Parmesan cheese or yeast extract. It is often added to foods in conjunction with disodium guanylate; the combination is known as disodium 5'-ribonucleotides."

Source(s):

Wikipedia
    • Rate
    • Comment
  • jasmine answered 5 years ago
    asslam o alikum

dear muslims what i have found uptill now is that fat e631 is made from meat or fish and only the producer of this fat can tell that whtz it's origin.so we shuld be careful before taking this fat and try to avoid it

i have searched from Food-Info.net
    washington university
    • Rate
    • Comment
  • wajiha sohail answered 5 years ago
    Assalam-o-Alikum,
    the best way to get any info about any thing now s v easy why donot u search on net yourself and get answer. below is link of UK health depatment where u can find all those codes that are halal or haram.. they donot hide infact they openly say that this product is not for jews muslims or vegetarians.. go and search urself

http://www.food-info.net/uk/e/e500-600.htm

coz on judgment day the people u r asking will even not recognize u... make your own way .. an decision... be confident to fight against evil force.. u will enjoy life........Wsalam
    • Rate
    • Comment
  • Tabbassum answered 5 years ago
    It is just a rumor.So just chill
    • Rate
    • Comment
  • Power Flower answered 5 years ago
    My trusty additives guide states:

E631 Disodium inosinate
    May be prepared from meat or sardines; not permitted in foods for infants and young children. Gout sufferers avoid. It is found in instant noodles, potato chips and snacks, savoury rice, tinned vegetables, cured meats, packet soup. Frequently contains MSG(621).
    • Rate
    • Comment
  • Genie answered 5 years ago
    Yes
    Check on Google Then you satisfy

Source(s):

Gooooooogle
    • Rate
    • Comment
  • Mahmood A answered 5 years ago
    It is by Dr M. Amjad Khan

Research by Dr Amjad Khan (Medical Research Institute, United States) has proved that many products of multinational firms including, but not limited to -

TOOTH PASTE,
    SHAVING CREAM
    CHEWING GUM,
    CHOCOLATE,
    SWEETS,
    BISCUITS,
    CORN FLAKES, TOFFEES,
    CANNED FOODS,
    FRUIT TINS,

have PIG FATS in them as ingredients.

This is shown in the form of E-Codes printed on the packs of such products. So we must try to avoid items with the following E Codes:
    E100, E110, E120, E 140, E141, E153, E210, E213, E214, E216, E234, E252,E270, E280, E325, E326, E327, E334, E335, E336, E337, E422, E430, E431, E432, E433, E434, E435, E436, E440, E470, E471, E472, E473, E474, E475,E476, E477, E478, E481, E482, E483, E491, E492, E493, E494, E495, E542,E570, E572, E631, E635, E904.

Lately We found the code E631 printed on the wrapper of LAYS POTATO CHIPS.

Source(s):

http://www.defence.pk/forums/members-club/26150-pig-fat-pakistani-chips.html
    • Rate
    • Comment
  • A.H answered 5 years ago
    it was said that it is from pigs fat but it turned outthat its just a rumer dont worry i love chocolate so i asked too so dont worry :D:D
    • Rate
    • Comment

Who is following this question?

%
    BEST ANSWERS
    Total Answers:
    Points this week:
    Follow

Unfollow

Block

Unblock