High Blood Pressure problems?

I have high blood pressure and I'm only 19. I have been told that I need to be on pills but I heard that they have many side effects. But on the other hand I heard that if you put it off and ignore H.B.P., it can make things rough in life. What should I do? I really don't want to be on a pill everyday yet.

Best Answer

First of all you find out the actual cause of disease,it may be due to aneurysm,pulmonary artery hypertension,or due to stress,hormonal changes,etc.so do a medical check up&if the BP is high continue medication regularly ,mean while find out the cause& correct it.If you are neglecting medications it may cause sudden stroke,cardiac failure,paralysis etc

First, are there things you can do to reduce your blood pressure such as losing weight, eating a healthy diet, quitting smoking, and getting lots of exercise. If you are already doing all these things and your blood pressure is still high, then you do need to take medication. And although it sounds like a drag, really, popping a pill a day isn't so bad.

It beats the alternative - uncontrolled high blood pressure can lead to stroke, heart attack, heart failure, or kidney failure.

So, you choose - lifestyle changes and perhaps a pill per day....or the alternative.

The side effects of high blood pressure meds are minimal these days. If you have negative side effects, talk to your doc. There are many meds to choose from and you should be able to find one that works well for you.

It's a lot to consider when you are only 19 but you do have a lot of control over the outcomes - IF you make the right decisions.

Good luck and take care!

Source(s): www.smart-heart-living.com

Take the pill, You willdecrease the blood pressure problems and then You can find out why the high blood pressure happened in the first place.

Stay Well

Regards

Pa69oldfart.

• Karin

I have worked in the emergency heath care field for many years. In a blood pressure the bottom number is more dangerouse than the top number. blood pressure should be no higher than 155/95 off meds. if the blood pressure is at a consistant number of yours. there are seriuos side effets such as stroke, loss of kidney function, to much strain on the heart which can cause serious heart problemsand more. there are specials programs who will help people who cannot afford there meds. you docs office or local hospital can tell you more

Hi, the best way to reduce your BP if you are overweight is loose weight. A major cause of high BP in young adults is the contraceptive pill. If you are on it I would either change pills and see if it goes down or if you do not need to be on it atm...go off it. This should reduce ur BP substantially.

There are many side effects of BP medication... and you cannot really go on and off them throughout life so i would try and alter other elements of your life before using the pill. If you have tried all of the suggestions, maybe you should consider the pill though because high BP can cause stroke, heart disease and can be a contributing factor to many other illnesses.

Goodluck

Source(s): health science student

Hypertension often develops along with the excess weight. Therefore, a diet with high blood pressure, together with the exception of certain products should also help reduce body weight.

• Brooke

you should really listen to your doctor and take the medication. Do other things as well to try and lower it like exercise and reducing your sodium intake.

Blood pressure medications are actually very safe, compared with other types of medications, they don't really have significant side effects. Not to say that you may not have any, but most people tolerate them well.

chew fresh Garlic if you are ''Brave'' 'i chew fresh Garlic after i eat Hamburger's and Adobo Chicken and other Fatty Cookings or i make a Salsa and add a Chopped Garlic and Eat it as an Appetizer when i'm eating El Pollo Loco Grilled Chicken'' and if you are Too Scared to Chew Fresh Garlic then Your a Chicken'' you wont be able to make your H>B>P under control

Source(s): BraveHeart-us

please cut way down on the salt then eventually cut it out completely,and your fatty foods and check labels for sodium content.