Unknown asked in Beauty & StyleMakeup · 1 decade ago

What are some good shades of makeup to use on redheads?

I'm trying to figure out some nice ways to use some makeup for an orchestra concert that I'm performing in next Tuesday.

I'm definitely going for a natural look that is slightly unique-looking(just not too unique).

For the most part, I look like my avatar on Yahoo; I have naturally red hair, blue-green eyes, and am fair-skinned.

I own some makeup already...blackened brown mascara, chestnut eyeliner, and some cheap-looking eyeshadow that's in purples and browns.

What other shades should I buy?

How should I apply each shade?

Thanks a bunch!

Favorite Answer

We have the exact same features!

If you want to stick with what you have, I would do this:

Start off by going over your whole lid all the way to brow bone with a shimmery champagne color eyeshadow (Maybelline's in Tranquil Sands). Then, take the purple and shade it from a little outside of your lid to about the middle of the lid, making a V-shape.

The curl your lashes and apply black mascara. MAC Plushlash is my favorite

Try a rose colored blush (or hot pink!) and a shimmery pink gloss.

Good luck!

Here's a photo

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v634/rock_the_ca...

My friend has the same exact coloring as you and I always think she looks most beautiful when she uses metallic bronzes and gold eyeshadows on her eyes. Try using these colors with a reddish brown/dark brown eyeliner line the upper and lower lash line for a doe eyed look, and make sure the lines connect at the outer corner of your eye. Browns sound like they would be pretty on you as well. If you decide to do eyshadow, cover the entire eyelid (from eyelash to crease) with the lighter color that you will be using (gold), sweep the darker shadow (bronze or brown) in the outer 1/3 of your eye all the way up to the crease in your eyelid. Blend it well. Black brown mascara sounds like it should be right for you. Good luck!

Mary Kay has some Amazing products in colors however if you go to my site ans register i have a free online virtual makeover you can upload your picture and see what you would actually look like

www.marykay.com/evelynleblanc

This site would be very helpful for you

http://realmofredheads.net/mt/