is this illegal?????10 PTS BEST ANSWER!!!?

ok i really like this guy and he likes me but he is 18 and im 14. would it be bad if we dated? and would he get into trouble?

Update:

IM ALMOST 15 AND THE STATE IS GEORGIA!

29 Answers

Relevance
  • Anonymous
    1 decade ago
    Best Answer

Depends on where you live. But almost everywhere, it's illegal if you have sex. Not necessarily "dating," but sex, yes.

And.. Of course it's 10 points. It's ten points for any best answer. Why did you feel the need to put that in the question?

--

Oh, I live in Georgia too. And it's definitely illegal to have sex with him, believe me XD. The rules are kinda complicated when you're close in age but if he's 18 and you're 14, it's very illegal.

• 1 decade ago

First of all in some places laws are different , but as you are under the consenting age it is illegal of him to have any sexual relations with you . Dating is okay but if your parents are against it they can put a restraining order on him . In some cases other adults will call police and make complaints then your parents may find out , so be sure to tell them you are seeing each other . My niece was dating an older boy ( she 14 he 19 ) and he went to jail charged by her mother so now he has a record . So if you like this guy please think about it and make sure he cannot get into any legal trouble with this relationship .

• 1 decade ago

im sorry...but it really is. he is a legal adult and you technically are a minor. if anyone found out about your realationship this guy could be charged and arrested for having a relationship with a minor. along with that he would be tested to see if he was ever sexually ctive with you or even hurt you. you waould get him in alot of trouble. to you it seems like he is only four years older but in the law this is really bad because an adult should never have a relationship with a teen. its kinda creepy. plus think about it: where are all the girls his age? what does he see in you? has he ever asked you for anything more than waht ur giving him if u catch my drift? or does he seem pushy or try to pressure you? all i am saying is that thiis is not exactly a great idea. im sorry if you no not like my answer but i speak from the truth. who noes wait another four years and he could be yours. ok good luck!!1

• 1 decade ago

Yes and no. It depends on state laws. Where I live its 3 years difference is bad and is illegal but parents consent (parents of the younger) can give permission and allow the two to date without sexual contact legally. You need to find out state laws as well as what your parents would think, because if state law says is okay but your parents dont then he can still get in trouble due to the fact that they can press charges if they wanted to.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • Anonymous
    1 decade ago

No, unless you guys have sexual contact of some sort.

But honey, an 18 year old shouldn't be dating a 14 year old. Think before you date him. I've had friends who dated much older men, and it never turned out well.

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

well if he does anyting bad to u like if ur parents dont let u c him and he cs u he can be arrested and it would be kinda bad because u dont datee a guy who is 3 or more years older than you its like a dating rule but whtevr if u 2 r in love then forget wht im saying but if u 2 play it safe then it would be ok

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

You would not get in trouble... The boy however could be charged with statuatory rape if you two do anything that even gets close to having sex...

Bad idea...

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

sounds like a future pedophile hahaha

sweetie, if its a non-physical relationship it should be fine.

but if he is 18 i dont think he would want it to be non-physical.

even if you are almost 15, thats still legally to young for anything physical. but if you want to be with him then thats your choice.

whatever happens, goodluck and stay safe

• 1 decade ago

No Its legal to date an be together, but if you have a sexual relationship with him and your parents find out or you get pregnant per say then he could get charged with rape.

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

Yes. When a person turns 18, they are an adult.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.