Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Politics & GovernmentImmigration · 1 decade ago

Has anybody else ever heard of this Amnesty Pushers Concoct Six Straw Men?

It's an old device in politics: Set up a straw man to criticize when you can't win an argument on your own. Such tactics, unfortunately, are standard fare when it comes to efforts by a handful of special interest groups to bring about amnesty for illegal immigrants. Organizations such as the National Council of La Raza, the Mexican-American Legal Defense and Educational Fund (MALDEF), the League of United Latin American Citizens (LULAC) and the Migration Policy Institute know that most Americans disagree with their desire for amnesty. Most Americans want to see immigration laws enforced. So these groups create straw men. They use them as diversionary tactics to criticize the way in which immigration laws are enforced without ever admitting to their true amnesty goals. 1. The Civil Rights Abuses Straw Man

2. The Strained Resources Straw Man 3. The Serious Criminals Straw Man

4. The Family Separation Straw Man

5. The Detention Straw Man

6. The Flawed Verification System Straw Man

Complete story @ http://www.humanevents.com/article.php?id=31727

Update:

Unicorn you still believe the earth is flat huh ?

Update 2:

Another of the men of the amnesty movement is the Serious Criminals Straw Man. He rightly recognizes that some illegal immigrants commit heinous crimes, and that they pose serious threats to public safety in American communities.

But the suggested response is flawed.

The Serious Criminals Straw Man wants ICE to focus on finding and deporting serious criminal aliens only after they have committed their crimes and to the exclusion of other immigration enforcement. He suggests that federal agents should not arrest illegal immigrants for a whole array of crimes like identity theft, Social Security fraud, vandalism, public intoxication and even driving under the influence. His argument is that these “minor” offenses should be ignored.

A better approach is to comprehensively identify and work to deport illegal immigrants for their violations of immigration law, rather than waiting to identify them until after they have committed a more “serious” crime.

Update 3:

Mr. Smith represents the 21st District of Texas. He is the former chairman of the House Judiciary Subcommittee on Immigration, Border Security and Claims.

Says YES

5 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 decade ago
    Best Answer

What's even more disheartening is that Obama, and his administration buys into that crap.

Loretta C, it was SenatorTed Kennedy who invented the system.

Misinterpretation of the 14th Amendment to the US Constitution

Quite simply, the Fourteenth Amendment currently is being interpreted to grant automatic birthright citizenship to children born in the United States of illegal alien parents (called anchor babies because under the 1965 immigration Act, they act as an anchor that pulls the illegal alien mother and eventually a host of other relatives into permanent U.S. residency). This clearly is contrary to the original intent of Congress and the States in ratifying the Fourteenth Amendment.

Professors Peter Schuck and Rogers Smith have noted1 that:

"The present guarantee under American law of automatic birthright citizenship to the children of illegal aliens can operate...as one more incentive to illegal migration and violation by nonimmigrant aliens already here [.] When this attraction is combined with the powerful lure of the expanded entitlements conferred upon citizen children and their families by the modern welfare state, the total incentive effect of birthright citizenship may well become significant."

Indeed, the consequences of this deliberate misinterpretation are significant. Read more about the consequences.

http://www.14thamendment.us/birthright_citizenship...

http://www.14thamendment.us/birthright_citizenship...

• subham
    Lv 4
    3 years ago

I as a rule agree, yet I additionally think of that on a minimum of a few activities (and that i understand no longer continually) the non cheating considerable different is acquainted with they are no longer assembly their spouses desires, and then very almost dare them to cheat. are not getting me incorrect. i do no longer think of there is ever a sturdy sufficient reason to cheat, yet I certainly have seen women individuals handle intercourse as a weapon and refuse to do it for weeks, or maybe months, and then say "if he loves me he won't cheat". possibly, yet i've got faith in case you enjoyed him, you does no longer deny him that interior the 1st place. Then whilst the husband has had sufficient and cheats, abruptly, she is the sufferer and he's the "dogs". possibly the non cheating considerable different did no longer placed a gun to their head, yet they are in straightforward terms including gas to the hearth whilst they withhold affection, of any form. you could call me an fool too, i do no longer care, yet if actuality learn, in case you're withholding intercourse, it rather isn't any longer the different persons job to make certain why. The considerable different withholding intercourse could be up front to start with instead of enjoying a damaging interest.

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

Um, what was your question again? Snore...

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

do they still use that system?

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 1 decade ago

Just sounds like another rant to me. I don't believe a word of it. I know many Americans who want amnesty for these good people.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.