Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Arts & HumanitiesHistory · 1 decade ago

I need help on inventions for muslim/islam! Was coffee an invention? Also any other invention plz?

I REALLY NEED HELP ON INVENTIONS BECAUSE IM NOT FULLY SURE IF COFFEE WAS AN INVENTION SINCE IT SAYS AN ARAB FARMER INVENTED IT SO.. ( sorry for caps but plz.)

Please if you have any websites on inventions(that muslim/islam invented) i would greatly appreciate it!

THANKS!

• DC
    Favorite Answer

AFRICAN ORIGINS

(Circa A.D. 800)

Goats will eat anything. Just ask Kaldi the legendary Ethiopian (map) goatherd. Kaldi, the story goes, noticed his herd dancing from one coffee shrub to another, grazing on the cherry-red berries containing the beans. He copped a few himself and was soon frolicking with his flock.

Witnessing Kaldi’s goatly gambol, a monk plucked berries for his brothers. That night they were uncannily alert to divine inspiration.

History tells us other Africans of the same era fueled up on protein-rich coffee-and-animal-fat balls—primitive PowerBars—and unwound with wine made from coffee-berry pulp. Coffee later crossed the Red Sea to Arabia, where things really got cooking...

The coffee beans were discovered in Ethiopia, coffee was NOT invented. The beans grow on trees and are then harvested when ripe and dried.

• Amy

Looking at the history of mankind I'll say The Song! or maybe Drums, as prehistoric men used it to communicate... If we stay strictly within the limits of the last millenia, I'l go for the acoustic guitar, as no instrument has had its influence and it being portable made it possible for one to be able to play great music easily anywhere...

ummm I don't know about that but i do know some foods they eat and some of their traditions cause im arabic. But umm ya just leave me a comment on my yahoo profile and i can help! :)