? asked in Pregnancy & ParentingBaby Names · 1 decade ago

Do you think this name is a girls' name or a boys' name?

Okay,

So i know everybody thinks that Kendell is a boys' name, but i actually think it is a girls' name. I mean, my name is Kendell, and i am a girl. Most people spell it Kendall but I spell it Kendell. i guess im juss used to it being spelled that way. Plus, i have been feeling kinda bad lately because everyone thinks its a boys' name.

But wat do u guys think: Boy or Girl?

Thanks in advance!! :)

Update:

Look everyone, a lot of people have been making fun of me lately, and some of u guys like Swimming Fishy, arent really helping. If u guys r juss gonna be mean and rude, then please dont bother saying anything at all.

Update 2:

Sorry, i got his name wrong. its Drumming Fishy.

20 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 decade ago
    Best Answer

well the only people i know named kendell are girls. i have the same problem with my name. its callan(kinda unique haha) and everyone thinks its a guys name

• 1 decade ago

Deff a girls name! I've never heard of Kendell as a boys name. And I have a cousin whos a girl whos name is Kendell. And anyways the "ell" at the end is very feminine. I think i would make fun of a boy with the name Kendell. :p

Sorry I hope I didn't offend any guys named Kendell

peace :)

• Gatz
    Lv 6
    1 decade ago

I know both a guy and girl named Kendell, but I associate the name more closely with a girl.

• 1 decade ago

I honestly think it could go either way, but I have never met a male named Kendell, only females. Don't feel bad about it, its a great name!

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 1 decade ago

I don't know any boys named kendell but I do know a girl, so I would say girls name. and a beautiful one too.

If they are making fun of you tell them ashley and kelly used to be popular boys names.

• 1 decade ago

Ive never heard of a guy named kendell...

And if you would have never said i probably would have thought it was a girls name too... Its a really pretty name by the way

• 1 decade ago

1) It's a gender-bender which, by it's very nature, is too tacky for my taste.

2) Besides, it's a surname and I really don't like the trend of "surnames as first names". In 20 yrs, all those poor people are going to wonder why their mothers saddled them with 2 last names.

3) It's the last name of one of the worst hs principals I've ever met. He was a racist and unfair in his treatment of students. The name conjures up really bad feelings for me. Because this was a male principal, I associate the name as being masculine.

• Tomra
    Lv 7
    1 decade ago

Hmm... my father and I had a discussion about it the other day. He said that Kendall is a girl's name, though it's typically given to daughters of men who wanted a boy, so decided to give them a more masculine sounding name (it sounds similar to Kenneth). At least that's what seems to be true about the Kendall's he's met.

Personally, I'm not a fan of the name. Reminds me of the Keebler elves.

• 1 decade ago

Girl

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

It's pretty, and it's unisex and personally think it's better for a girl. And strippers named Kendall, uh, what? Strippers never have unisex names, they always have clearly feminine names like Crystal or Destiny or whatever.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.