Could someone recommend me some songs? More info in details?

I'm looking for some new music to add to my ipod, I like really chill/calm/soft music. Artists I like are: Sigur Ros, Amy Macdonald, Au Revoir Simone, Basia Balut, Elliot Smith, Azure Ray, Bird and the Bee, Sufjan Steven, Tegan and Sarah, Iron and Wine, Gregory and the Hawk, Aqualung and so on.

If you could please recommend some artists similar to those. (And specific song titles you would recommend as well) Thank you!! :)

Best Answer

I know the perfect band for you.

Cocorosie

Once you listen to some of their songs, I know you are going to pick me as best answer :D.

You Could Be Mine Mr. Brownstone It's So Easy Patience Used to Love Her More than 6+ minutes: Civil War, November Rain, Estranged, Coma

Death cab for cutie - lack of color

The cure - Just like heaven

Bob Dylan - Blowin' in the wind

Bright eyes - Bowl of oranges

Alex Parks - Out of touch, or Cry

Get cape, wear cape, fly - Once more with feeling

Jose Gonzalez - Heartbeats

The postal service - Such great heights

Rachael Yamagata - Worn me down

Sia - Breathe me

Tracy Bonham - Naked

I'll stop there. Message me if you want some more recommendations.

The artists Feist are good for that kind of music. Like listen to their song mushaboom and see if you like it. Browse the itunes store. Good luck!

PS: Don't put the volume on your ipod too loud because those things can permamently damage your hearing.

I too must be from another Planet. I've never heard of any those artists.

Not unusual, I assume in my age bracket of mid to late forties.

Why don't you try to broaden your scope of music, and try some of the oldies, out there, with Frank Sinatra or Dean Martin and some of that era's singing stars.

You may or may not like them, but they are fun to listen to, and who knows, you may just like them.

Plain White T's-Hey,there Dlyla.

City and Colour is pretty mellow. I really like the song Save Your Scissors.

I like your music ;)

But I listen to a loooot, believe me.

But try Yoav - I love all his music, but listen to "Where Is My Mind?" or "Adore Adore" :)

And I think you would like the band "Creed" :) Try "One Last Breath"

It makes my relax :)

Jason Mraz is also very nice :) I bet, you've heard "I'm Yours", but I think you should check it out :)

Have you tried Nickelback? :) They have wrote some nice songs like "I'd Come For You" - It's more like rock, but it's adorable :)

And of course Westlife :) They have so much soul. "Total Eclipse Of The Heart" is my favorite, check it out :)

Good luck, hope you'll like it a bit.

I was hoping to see Enigma in your list, anywayz..listen to these awesome songs from them: They Eyes of the truth, Mea Culpa and finally this great song ENIGMA feat. Sarah Mclaughlin: SILENCE

Katy Perry-thinking of you, Asher Roth-I love college, 3oh!3-don't trust me, all-american rejects-the wind blows,