Place to visit and stay in Las Vegas?

I know Las Vegas is all about money, power, and respect. Casino, strippers, prostitute, money etc… I’m planning to take a trip up there for couple of days. I would like to know what else you can do around Las Vegas instead of gambling your money. I would love visit the Grand Canyon but I’m not sure how far it is. Can you advise place to visit, hotel to stay (I’m not rich so nothing expensive something that a normal person can afford), restaurant to eat, etc… I won’t mind spending big money on a nice restaurant I really appreciate your help I’m 26 and it will be my first time in Vegas.

• lvgeno
    Favorite Answer

There are lots of things to see and do in Vegas other than gambling. You might want to check out this site for info especially for first time visitors. Full of good information and advice.

I suggest you stay in the middle of the strip like Harrahs, Flamingo or Imperial Palace and save a few bucks. There are lots of first class restaurants through out Las Vegas. Most restaurants have good food here. If you want a good meal at low cost try the Restaurant at Ellis Island behind Ballys.

I hate gambling but I love Vegas. I love seeing the over the top hotels and attractions. Hotels for people on a budget would include something like Excalibur, New York New York, or Luxor. I found some good deals at the Mirage and Treasure Island which are more center strip. The Flamingo is also inexpensive and is in a great location, but some of the rooms and decor are in need of updating.

Whatever you do, stay away from Stratosphere, Sahara and Circus Circus. While their prices are appealing, they are dumps (Stratosphere is OK) and they are really long walks from everything else on the strip. Nice to visit, not to stay at. If you don't heed my warning, you can take the monorail to the main part of the strip which has a stop at the Sahara.

The Grand Canyon is a good couple hour ride. There are a ton of day tours you can take out there, but it will take literally all day. I think the tours are about 12 hours long. There's also tours to Laughlin which is an old western town, the Hoover Dam and also to various cities in California.

One of the greatest things about Vegas is the buffets. Take advantage of them. The food is good, they are huge and the prices are usually great. If buffets aren't your thing, I love Margaritaville at the Flamingo and the burger place in the Mirage. The name escapes me, but its the only burger place in the Mirage.

As far as attractions, these are some that keep me entertained:

-Sigfried & Roy's Secret Garden at the Mirage

-free pirate show at Treasure Island

-Fashion Show Mall, Forum Shops at Caesar's Palace, Miracle Mile Mall at Planet Hollywood

-gondola rides & wax museum at Venetian

-dancing fountains at the Bellagio - see them at night

-Eiffel Tower at the Paris - go up in it at night

-free wildlife habitat at Flamingo

-free lion habitat at MGM Grand

-medieval times dinner at Excalibur

-shark reef at Mandalay Bay

-rides & observation tower at the top of the Stratosphere

• Gene D

Imperial Palace is an inexpensive option on the Strip. Downtown, pretty much anywhere is affordable (except perhaps the Golden Nugget). I just got back from a 10-day stay at the Plaza. It wasn't anything fancy, but it was a place to sleep and shower (and really, what else does one need in Vegas?).

Have fun and stay at the Hard Rock, the Palms or Mandalay Bay as these are the big 3 for young people. Plan daytrips to Hoover Dam and Lake Mead (you can rent a boat or swim at the beach there) Red Rock Canyon, Mt. Charleston. Go up to Bonnie Springs and go horseback riding. Ride the rides at the Stratosphere and NY NY. Go to Ethel M Chocolate Factory and at night, go downtown and see the Fremont Street Experience. They have several different shows that they do. Have a 99cent shrimp cocktail at the Golden Gate while downtown.

BTW...prostitution is illegal here in Las Vegas, you'd have to go to Pahrump to see a cathouse.

Source(s): LV Local
  • Hey in vegas there are magic shows tickets for abt 70. U can stay in rio for 350 a day. Or in one of the best westerns.Btw i was kiddin abt the rio.

Source(s): I stayed there

there's some pretty good deals you can find online, even for 5 star hotels. you can watch shows like O. buffets are pretty good and decently priced. you can eat a huge buffet and not eat the rest of the day. you can also go tanning at your own hotel - it's free.

Check out http://www.VegasMadeEasy.com for some great Vegas ideas.

• ?

Don't, worry, you'll take one look at the strip at night and your imagination will kick in.

http://www.cheapovegas.com/index.php