Can I put this in my SUV?

I am buying a moped that is 72" in length and need to tilt it to get it in the back of my SUV. Will this cause any problems with the moped to do this? I will cover everything w/ a tarp so it doesnt get scratched and hold into place w/ bungee cords.

Thanks!

Favorite Answer

An SUV is not the best way to haul a bike because as you said you have lean it over to get it in. There are several potential issues. Even with the rear seat folded down the bike will hang out the back so you can't close the rear door. This increases the chance for exhaust gases from the tail pipe to get in the back door especially at low speeds (stinky and irritating).

Where the bike is resting against the interior of the SUV you'll need to put in padding (towels, cushions, foam, etc...) to keep surfaces from chafing and scratching. If there is gas in the moped, it can leak out when the bike is leaned over. Gas will leak out of the carburetor as well as the tank. This will make the SUV stink like gas for months after you hauled the moped. So drain the gas tank and the carburetor or run the carb dry after draining the tank.

Good luck, I know you can do it!!

it wont hurt it go for it!