What could have caused my t.v to have turned on by itself?

This happened years ago I have a huge Bigscreen in my bedroom I am 100 % certain that I had turned it off before i went to bed. At around 3 a.m. my T.V. just turned on out of no where and the remote was on the other side of my bedroom on my desk. What made this really creepy is that there was a commercial for the... show more This happened years ago I have a huge Bigscreen in my bedroom I am 100 % certain that I had turned it off before i went to bed. At around 3 a.m. my T.V. just turned on out of no where and the remote was on the other side of my bedroom on my desk. What made this really creepy is that there was a commercial for the ring 2 that was on. I was so scared to get up that I just layed there until I knew the commercial was over than I ran over to the T.V. and shut it off. I know the ring 2 commercial was just coincidental but still how did my T.V. just turn on all of a sudden, this has never happened before and I have had the T.V. forever. I don't believe in ghosts only logical answers only.
Update: My brother was in Irag when this happened and my parents were dead asleep
Update 2: There were no pets in there coca our cat always goes out at night
Update 3: did not set the tv alarm I have a cell phone for that, no power outage either, every thing in the house was working
Update 4: blamay22000 have u ever heard of anything like this???