If Sarah Palin is truly a leading contender for the GOP Prez nomination in '12-how viable is the Party?

Update:

I certainly have neither fear nor anger towards Palin-I'm amazed that she appears to be one of the leading candidates for the GOP in 2012. She'll provide plenty of fodder for comedians. I think she makes J Danforth Quayle like a genius.

Update 2:

typo-I didn't put in "look"

Update 3:

Nicole-I say bring her on-she doesn't have the knowledge, nor the gravitas to be taken seriously. She thought that "Africa" was a country-need I say more?

Update 4:

Sandoro-that was a concise and astute analysis.

12 Answers

Relevance
  • Anonymous
    1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

The GOP will never let her get the nomination. They're already doing whatever they can to marginalize here because they know she only appeals to radical right wingers and religious conservatives. Moderates can't stand her because of her extremist views and because she's a clueless idiot. McCain's choice for her as his running mate all but handed the election to Obama.

If the GOP is to defeat Obama in 2012, they will need a moderate. Not a Sarah Palin or Newt Gingrich type that only appeals to a small segment of the American population. The problem with that is that there aren't very many GOP moderates these days.

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

If Sarah Palin is the best GOP can get, than Obama will surely win a 2nd term.

If Mike Huckabee, or Ron Paul were the nominees they'd have a much better shot.

It amazes me how Republicans always have great candidates yet they nominate the worst ones.

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

The only good part of the Republicans running Palin for 2012, it will guarantee Obama a landslide win, greater than in 2008.

• RS
    Lv 5
    1 decade ago

Easy win for Obama if its true. GOP may have more than one candidate in 2012 and may not even have primaries. Michael Steele lacks leadership and cannot control the loose cows in the barn. Bring Joe the Plumber to the ballot too pls.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • Anonymous
    1 decade ago

We don't want her near the White House. She's such a ding bat. Sarah and I were having an extra marital affair and in the middle of our love making I asked, "Why won't you kiss me?" She said, "Are you kidding me? I really shouldn't even be doing this."

• 1 decade ago

Viable enough to put anger and fear into the Left.

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

She is a brilliant strong woman who proves women can do it all. She has integrity and class and would be a strong candidate and you leftist fear this because she has character something you people sorely lack

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

If she's the best that's out there, then Obama is 100% going to get re-elected.

• 1 decade ago

Where do you Libs come up with this stuff? Quit watching so much msnbc...lol

• jo
    Lv 5
    1 decade ago

Not very viable.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.